Last Film You Saw

"A Silent Voice/ The Shape of Voice", 2016.

I don't quite know how I missed this absolute gem of an animation from Kyoto Animation Studios.

This piece ambushed me! Maybe cos it ambled along quite nicely, took you to universal themes of childhood you recognise from your adolescence and before you knew it, you were invested in what happened to the characters.

And, dare I say it, actually get emotionally tied to it, too?

I actually like this wave of 'adult' styled anime.

It brings a lot to the table.

"Your Name" is also just as good, if not a touch better.

(By the way, a shocking loss of life from the arson attack, a couple of months ago, RIP to the 35 who perished)

I watched Unbroken on Netflix this afternoon. Directed by Angelina Jolie and moving true story about survival adrift at sea for apx 40 days, then surviving torture and slave labour in a Japanese prisoner of war camp.
Only spoiled by little things like nobody ever seemed to need a haircut.

Nobody watched Hobbs and Shaw yet?

I thought it was ok, a nice cheesy love letter to the genre its forefathers helped re-build, namely over the top action films. It is not going to win any oscars but the teenage you would enjoy it and so will your teenage sons. I was never a fan of the FnF franchise but this was palatable. A nice disposable summer action flick.

Downtown Abbey.

Normal Sunday night episode only twice as long. If you like Downton you’ll love it, if you don’t you won’t.

Nobody watched Hobbs and Shaw yet?

I thought it was ok, a nice cheesy love letter to the genre its forefathers helped re-build, namely over the top action films. It is not going to win any oscars but the teenage you would enjoy it and so will your teenage sons. I was never a fan of the FnF franchise but this was palatable. A nice disposable summer action flick.
I might give this a whirl over the weekend. Does Mr Statham do a dodgy East End of London American accent? XD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.