Milan Skriniar

Yeah absolutely zero chance of this happening. Much more likely we go and pay the release clause of Ruben Dias or his CB partner Ferro.
I like what I've seen of Ferro alot. He is almost like a younger, rawer right-footed prototype of Laporte. Dias gets more press but I think Ferro would fit us perfectly.

Last edited:
I'm happy to drop Garcia in rather than sign a new CB, it could be the perfect opportunity to save ourselves a fortune & breed fresh hope for the academy
That's fine for this season, but Otamendi was agitating to get out last summer when he was going to be 3rd choice. We'll have the same situation next season. I think Otamendi wants back to Spain.

Leagues don't play a certain way. Teams do.
We don't park the bus and we don't boot it upfront.
All leagues play a certain way it all depend on what the FA and refs allow, and it will be hard to find anyone who describes the Italian league without the words cynical, slow, and defensive, but if Milan want to buck the trend good luck, they will have as much difficulty as Pep has had changing English football

I can easily see us lining up Ferro, possibly as Otamendi's intended replacement. He's an a rapid rise into a Portuguese national team which plays a passing game, is very comfortable on the ball, good in the air at over six foot, and surprisingly fast.

May be some pressure on us to try and do that deal in January now also.

I think we may need to bite the bullet and sign a long term partner for Laporte in January - not sure who and it’s certain we’ll get rinsed In time that’ll mean other changes to the squad but we took a chance on CB fitness and it’s badly backfired. If we’d lost any player in the squad other than Laporte- we could cover it but sadly he’s quickly become our only leader at the back and we are struggling to cover him in the absence of Kompany.

It is about what we need not what we want, come the transfer window Laporte will be close to back and we will have Ottamendi till the summer and that is the time to buy a back up as no top class player is going to come knowing Laporte is still here.
Maguire was the intention as he could play left side and right and as such is a blow we did not get him
We do need a replacement for Kompany come January Stones might be back and gone again, but we do not need an experienced over priced already at his peak player, we need a young player to push and maybe out Stones, the lad at Red Bull could do that and while i like Sanchez at Tottenham i think the price will be too high though not as much as Skiniar

It is about what we need not what we want, come the transfer window Laporte will be close to back and we will have Ottamendi till the summer and that is the time to buy a back up as no top class player is going to come knowing Laporte is still here.
Maguire was the intention as he could play left side and right and as such is a blow we did not get him
We do need a replacement for Kompany come January Stones might be back and gone again, but we do not need an experienced over priced already at his peak player, we need a young player to push and maybe out Stones, the lad at Red Bull could do that and while i like Sanchez at Tottenham i think the price will be too high though not as much as Skiniar

Will have to disagree about Maguire especially with a price tag of £80m .

Will have to disagree about Maguire especially with a price tag of £80m .
Agree about the price but Maguire was about the experience and the fact he plays both LCB and RCB to a decent standard which would have freed options for Pep, I still would not have bought him though as he almost certainly would have come with game time constraints

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.