Rugby League thread

It’s all 100mph stuff. Still in it with under 10 mins to go
Salford were a bit unlucky tonight, tried their balls off.. Hope they beat Castleford next week, they deserve to have a bit of limelight shine on them after years of mediocrity..

Well played Salford. Just missed a couple of chances and Wigan were excellent in defence. The ref seemed to favour Wigan.

I'm a Salford supporter, of sorts. I went pretty much home and away for 15 years. I am biased but I don't think the reffing went against us tonight. Yes, he missed the elbow on Hastings and a ball steal decision or two went against us but Wigan had a perfectly good try ruled out.

I thought we were very good but Wigan's defence won the day. As you said, their defence was excellent. They were phenomenal on their line against probably the second best attack in the league when close to the opposition line. I'm gutted.

I'm a Salford supporter, of sorts. I went pretty much home and away for 15 years. I am biased but I don't think the reffing went against us tonight. Yes, he missed the elbow on Hastings and a ball steal decision or two went against us but Wigan had a perfectly good try ruled out.

I thought we were very good but Wigan's defence won the day. As you said, their defence was excellent. They were phenomenal on their line against probably the second best attack in the league when close to the opposition line. I'm gutted.

I agree with you MiL. I live in Salford but was born in Ancoats so I don't really have have the pull for rugby league but always keep an eye out for Salfords results as I have a few mates who follow them. Pleased they are looking half decent. Might be a step too far for them this season but if they can keep hold of the majority of their players for next season, add a couple of quality/experienced players they will go close next year for sure..

Does depend on who they get to replace Hastings, he’s off to Wigan

I agree with you MiL. I live in Salford but was born in Ancoats so I don't really have have the pull for rugby league but always keep an eye out for Salfords results as I have a few mates who follow them. Pleased they are looking half decent. Might be a step too far for them this season but if they can keep hold of the majority of their players for next season, add a couple of quality/experienced players they will go close next year for sure..

A few are already on their way, having signed for other clubs, such as Hastings (Wigan), Bibby (Wigan), Jones (Hull), Griffin (Cas) and Tomkins (rumours he is going to Leigh). We have made some decent signings though. Some are risky but that is the reality of the club's situation. We are taking risks with players who are coming off serious injuries and/or not fulfilled their potential. No-one as good as Jones and Hastings.

Ian Watson has done a great job. He's got the team playing better than the sum of their parts. I do wish those in the local area went along to support the club. The management, coaches and players deserve good crowds.

A few are already on their way, having signed for other clubs, such as Hastings (Wigan), Bibby (Wigan), Jones (Hull), Griffin (Cas) and Tomkins (rumours he is going to Leigh). We have made some decent signings though. Some are risky but that is the reality of the club's situation. We are taking risks with players who are coming off serious injuries and/or not fulfilled their potential. No-one as good as Jones and Hastings.

Ian Watson has done a great job. He's got the team playing better than the sum of their parts. I do wish those in the local area went along to support the club. The management, coaches and players deserve good crowds.
Morning, sounds like they are having a go.. Really good support last night away at Wigan. I think the support from the local community is there, they have just been crying out for a decent team to get behind. The crowds will increase as the team improves... City suck all my emotions out of me, I haven't got anything left to invest in another team. Haha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.