Best type of dog

If you want to go down the pretentious route try a Cocker crossed with Poodle ( cockerpoo ) or a Labradoodle ( labrador/poodle ),Springerdor, Badgerpoo, etc etc I tell these sort we have a Bullterrier/Shitzu cross and no one has twigged so far......Winds me up to some tune, you've just paid £600 for a fucking mongrel, live with it.

Rant over and apologies to any blues with a Miniature Great Dane.
Cross breeds are more healthy because there’s a lot of inbreeding with pure breeds meaning illnesses can be horrendous.

King Charles Cavaliers, for example, can have this problem with their skull being too small for their brain so they die of brain haemorrhages as the brain can’t find space in the skull.

That’s just one example, it ranges from blindness to madness to death though.

If you can get a dog that’s the offspring of two cross breads then you’ll end up with a very healthy dog.

Our Greek rescue (Zikos) has his first 'Gotcha Day' on Wednesday. He's got lots of Jack Russell in him, some people have suggested Parsons Jack Russell and, by the looks of him, some sort of hound: long body, shortish legs. We got him through a fantastic lady, originally from Greece she now lives in Didsbury, and Zikos was her 30th rescue. It's a risk I guess getting a rescue dog, but it's also a risk buying a puppy even from a registered breeder (as we know to our cost and I don't mean financially), Nancy works hard at rehoming the right dog with the right people and, for us, it's been amazing. If anyone, particularly with experience, is looking to get a dog I'd definitely recommend getting a rescue.

Jack russell for me.
Little bastards but they'll be your best mate forever, you'll spend all of it's life trying to prove who's in charge and neither will win lol but you'll have a whole lot of fun while it kids you you're the boss.

Can't understand people that want a easy maintenance dog that sleeps all day and night, you may as well buy a fcuking cushion and throw it in front of the fire.

German Shepherd. Will protect their family with their lives and are one of the most loving dogs you will find.

German Shepherd. Will protect their family with their lives and are one of the most loving dogs you will find.
Always loved them growing up but have never had one.
How are they with other dogs, because I’ve had mixed reactions from them in the park with my Lab.

As I said on another post I have a 10 week old cocker spaniel pup you are welcome to trial for a few months and then hand back when all trained up.

joking aside Cockers are a perfect family dog but so are plenty other breeds as cross breeds.

AGbWFhQ.jpg

Mate that is one hell of a picture. I'd love a dog like that but I couldn't face the walkies in the middle of winter when its snowing a blowing a gale, We ended up taking a three legged cat from the RSPCA and he's more than a handful and we're very happy with him.

Love your dog though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.