Sega Mega Drive Mini

I have just built a period correct XP gaming PC which plays older games really well, all in it cost me around £20 to construct and a few hours to install windows XP with all the correct service packs etc.
It's not worth going online with it to do anything but install everything you need via usb and it's a nippy little beast, pentium 4, 3 gb of RAM and a tidy 256mb Nvidia graphics card installed.

Literally took a PC with almost that exact spec to the tip late last year...

It was a Dell originally with a 3ghz Pentium 4 that I upgraded to a 3.2ghz Pentium D dual core, it had 4GB of RAM although the motherboard only supported up to 3.5GB and the graphics card was a Nvidia 8600gt with 256mb of memory. Was still sporting it’s original 80GB hard drive 13 years after it was made.

Toca Race Driver 3 on close to max settings still looked pretty good on that PC.

Literally took a PC with almost that exact spec to the tip late last year...

It was a Dell originally with a 3ghz Pentium 4 that I upgraded to a 3.2ghz Pentium D dual core, it had 4GB of RAM although the motherboard only supported up to 3.5GB and the graphics card was a Nvidia 8600gt with 256mb of memory. Was still sporting it’s original 80GB hard drive 13 years after it was made.

Toca Race Driver 3 on close to max settings still looked pretty good on that PC.

If they are in good nick and run well you can get a couple of hundred for them, I have scoured charity shops for a few weeks now and have 22 original XP games like F.E.A.R and Command And Conquer Tiberian Sun. It's incredible what we throw away these days though.

Thinking of getting one of these to relive my youth, and to show my kids the games I played when I was their age. Is it worth it, or will the games just seem shit now compared to modern games? £69 with 42 games included seems decent value.

modern games with nearly life like graphics and complex plots are ok.

But a bit of golden axe, altered beast , castlevania and the rest is well worth it.

I still have a mega drive in a shoebox somewhere

Are Sega still a thing? I used to have the Master System II with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.