John Humphrys retires from Radio 4 Today

He won’t be missed.

It wasn’t any political bias one way or the other, it’s was a combination of his curmudgeonly outlook and his constant interruptions. If you ask someone a question, can they ever be allowed to finish their actual answer?! I know politicians aren’t known for giving brief answers, but to talk over them became unbearable to listen to. Having said that he’s not the only interviewer guilty of that...

Glad to see the back of this unpleasant and unfit-for-purpose man. I can never listen to his interviews for more than a couple of minutes before I have to angrily change the channel. What sort of journalist asks someone a question and then proceeds to shout all over their attempt to answer? Good riddance.

He won’t be missed.

What he says about the bbc bias is totally true. I like him. Seems a gent and a man of dignity.

Quite scary the attacks on him. Genuinely.

I have had to go in school again this week because of the liberal influence on my children by clueless teachers who are basically silly kids themselves. One of them told my daughter that if you vote Tory you were voting to not fund the nhs. It’s absolutely scary the cluelessness and bias.

The bbc will be ripe with this sort of nonsense.

Glad to see the back of this unpleasant and unfit-for-purpose man. I can never listen to his interviews for more than a couple of minutes before I have to angrily change the channel. What sort of journalist asks someone a question and then proceeds to shout all over their attempt to answer? Good riddance.
Agreed. The modern, adversarial approach to political journalism also shapes the modern politicians response which has become evasive and bland. It all becomes a choreographed waltz the leaves us all none the wiser and frustrated at the people involved. Let the fckrs talk and shine a light for clarity and factual accuracy and then let us all make up our own minds. Political corespondants can do one as well. I want my Brian Redhead days back please...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.