Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

We shouldn't have taken the money.
Even if we didn't win the case, the opportunity to drag their name through the mud in court must be worth more than a million quid for us
That’s what I thought

I remember when this first came out and there was very little press coverage at the time.
Are you saying this compensation information has come out before? Can you remember When? And where?

Why would The Times (only source this time round, as far as I can see) re-do it?

Or are you not meaning the ‘compensation’ information from before?

Are you saying this compensation information has come out before? Can you remember When? And where?

Why would The Times (only source this time round, as far as I can see) re-do it?

Or are you not meaning the ‘compensation’ information from before?
It happened six years ago.

I think the settlement might just have happened

It happened six years ago.

I think the settlement might just have happened

NO...the article confirms the settlement was made in 2013.

"The confidential settlement took place in September 2013 after it was reported that City had employed computer-espionage experts to see if the system had been spied on"

Strange for it to be run again by The Times, maybe they’re connecting dots with regards to the other hacking?

The old news reported in in several media outlets in June 2013 that City believed that their worldwide scouting database may have been hacked by an employee of an unnamed rival Premier League club and that computer espionage experts had been brought in by the club to examine any possible leads.

The new news revealed now is that the Premier League rival has been named as Liverpool, the individuals are explicitly named and they paid the £1million in the out of court settlement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.