Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Perhaps because our case with uefa is also to do with old news not current finances yet the media are not treating it that way?

Possibly!
Stefan from 93:20 pod on twitter asking why is it being briefed now.... he speculates it could be things not going well with the investigations and processing and therefore we've briefed this into the mix...

Hardly covered by the press or media with the exception of the times today , I just mentioned it on a guardian article about city v Watford and the post was immediately taken down by the mods ? Sounds like the truth is painful reading for a great many

Conn job and the Guardian won’t go against their Liverpool love in

Possibly!
Stefan from 93:20 pod on twitter asking why is it being briefed now.... he speculates it could be things not going well with the investigations and processing and therefore we've briefed this into the mix...

I think it’s more likely that the Pinto charges has given our Club fresh hope in relation the FFP case and the timing was right to show how corrupt some of our biggest critics say.

Let’s face it, we were facing a UEFA kangaroo court on FFP and we need to pull out all the stops

Can we put the £1m into a fund for all of us who have suffered theft from and damage to our cars over the decades? Mind you I don’t suppose £1m would go far

What's intriguing me is what the PL are going to do about it. The EFL acted quickly when Leeds were merely watching Derby train and introduced new regulations.

The PL can't ignore this surely ? (he says knowing the answer already)

Unauthorised access is an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Absent any evidence of intent to commit further offences or alter the data, it's probable we decided civil action was the way to go.

And in civil action you have to weigh up the amount offered against the risk of costs going against you. So, if Liverpool offered a million pounds and we proceeded we'd risk the court deciding that £1m was fair given no proof of financial consequences and we should have accepted.

Interesting that it has found its way into the public domain. It suggests that Liverpool weren't able to bind us to a confidentiality clause. An indication of the strength of our case.

I heard on the radio that the leak involved the guy who is now Liverpool’s Director of Football. Promoting this their might have been a step too far against our Club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.