Golf tips

So many of the face issues at impact are to do with the grip. I have the opposite problem, my weak shot is a big banana slice. I’ve tried everything to cure it and then one day a guy saw me hitting some balls in decathlon and he told me my grip was too weak and I needed to bring it around as if I was trying a draw. It immediately worked but it’s so hard to not just pick the club up in the comfortable position.

I also played with a weak left wrist so between that and a weak grip my face was always really open at impact. I’ve got a lot better with it but I still push most of my iron shots and rarely hit the green in regulation.
when you line up don't have the ball in the middle of the clubface, have it out towards the toe 1/2 inch off center, when you come down into it that little tiny feeling of going out to it promotes an inside out swing like a draw and with an improved grip may help straighten your slice.
Unless you have a reverse pivot then all bets are off.

I have four wedges, as a general rule ain to land the ball 2 yards on the green, and run it out. Using anything from 8 iron upwards. I use 3 of the wedges in bunkers depending on the trajectory that is needed. Only ever practice short game, never practice on the range now. I would rather play 9 with a couple of balls, playing around with different shots.
Last summer managed 70 competition rounds. Social golf doesn't really do it for me.
that a boy, tournament golf is so much better.

played most of my life, traveled all over, spent tons of money on it i shouldn't have, spent way too much time away from the home, and wife and kids that i shouldn't have.
to what? get to a 5 cap with some laughs and beers, big deal, it was a huge waste of time.
We need a fourth, Sunday, 9:45, anybody?

Being relaxed and swinging hard is the trick, if u can be completely relaxed and swing through it makes everything easier. But u need to be confident in youself and not over think everything. If you want to fuck it up you will
yup, take it back low and slow, this promotes a good turn and a dynamic coil.
and great point to swing through it, so many swing at it to hit it then don't finish the swing not realizing that getting to the proper follow through you have had to do something good to get there and not some slappy kind of attempt.

yup, take it back low and slow, this promotes a good turn and a dynamic coil.
and great point to swing through it, so many swing at it to hit it then don't finish the swing not realizing that getting to the proper follow through you have had to do something good to get there and not some slappy kind of attempt.

This is what i’ve Learned in the last few days. I’d become obsessed with hitting the ball first that I was focusing only on the ball. That’s why I quoted what Shawn Clement said about thoughts on the target instead of the ball. I’ve reduced my swing now to an 9 o clock on the way back but with a full follow through and throwing the club at the target. I might lose ten yards but if it’s consistently straight that will do for me.

After over 30 yrs in greenkeeping 22 of those as head green keeper. Ignore this saying ...

"When I play well it's down to me , when I play poor it's down to the greenkeeper"

Because it's due to that saying which is 100% true that there is a shortage of good green keepers in this country.

Hence I am an ex head greenkeeper and wont go back into greenkeeping for all the tea in China, plus golf is a dying sport with lots of clubs struggling to make ends meet.

Remember you are not a pro and cannot play the shots they can, play the simple shot. Use the right club for the shot dont expect to stop a ball on a green when using a wood or long iron. Most golfers will need to be at least single figures before they can put back spin on the ball. Use the right ball for the hole ....par 3 soft ball....enjoy your game and remember it's you that put the ball were it lands no one else !!
Clubs are evolving, no longer do they say no visitors at weekends or mid week comp days or Ladies days. Combined with third party booking sites the pragmatic ones are upping their game. Try getting on Ashton under Lyne before 3pm in Summer on a Sunday, little or no chance and it’s £50 a go if there is an available slot. That club was struggling a few years ago, it’s thriving now, also Junior golf has never been stronger than at present. Which club were you the green keeper for?

played most of my life, traveled all over, spent tons of money on it i shouldn't have, spent way too much time away from the home, and wife and kids that i shouldn't have.
to what? get to a 5 cap with some laughs and beers, big deal, it was a huge waste of time.
We need a fourth, Sunday, 9:45, anybody?

where at
PersonalTatteredHypsilophodon-size_restricted.gif

played golf as a kid not proper but mainly on heaton park and the par 3 course, and the best tip i will offer anybody forget all the shit and big money gear and clubs that they say offer bigger yards in your shots ?? just use 2nd hand stuff and work on the your swing and timing ?? and the timing is a big part on hitting it long and sweet, and the swing is yours because everybody is different and you can over think it by copying somebody style

when we was young we could easy hit over 200 yards with shitty clubs and pitch and put par 3s in heaton park was great to learn your stuff on, never had the money being from a council estate, but had a good setup but never really wanted to be a golfer

Clubs are evolving, no longer do they say no visitors at weekends or mid week comp days or Ladies days. Combined with third party booking sites the pragmatic ones are upping their game. Try getting on Ashton under Lyne before 3pm in Summer on a Sunday, little or no chance and it’s £50 a go if there is an available slot. That club was struggling a few years ago, it’s thriving now, also Junior golf has never been stronger than at present. Which club were you the green keeper for?

A course down in kent head greenkeeper for 22yrs than got made redundant by a kent blue ! Who was captain. Made my deputy of 17 yrs senior greenkeeper (couldn't call him head ) 6 years later made him redundant and put no one in charge just the remaining greenkeeping doing it between themselves. Than 6 months later employed a head greenkeeper !!

Perhaps it was fault for working for southerners lol

This is what i’ve Learned in the last few days. I’d become obsessed with hitting the ball first that I was focusing only on the ball. That’s why I quoted what Shawn Clement said about thoughts on the target instead of the ball. I’ve reduced my swing now to an 9 o clock on the way back but with a full follow through and throwing the club at the target. I might lose ten yards but if it’s consistently straight that will do for me.
the distance will come my friend, patience, the biggest thing in golf maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.