Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said when he signed that he’s the new Delph in terms of squad status, to much abuse. He’ll play Carabao Cup, and nothing else barring injuries.

He may even fail to start every Carabao Cup game, as Mendy might get some of them for fitness.
I bet he wishes he was the new Delph who almost had 100 apps for us.

As posted on the Zinc thread, I think we took advantage of Angelino’s price to buy him as insurance against an injury pile-up. If not needed, he could be sold on at a potential profit.

Be fuming if I were him.

That being said, he didn't have a great game for the EDS on Saturday. The last 15 minutes or so he was a bit better and won back the ball, put in some decent balls, but up until then he was comfortably one of the worst on the pitch.

Be fuming if I were him.

That being said, he didn't have a great game for the EDS on Saturday. The last 15 minutes or so he was a bit better and won back the ball, put in some decent balls, but up until then he was comfortably one of the worst on the pitch.

Then why would you be fuming if you're comfortably the worst person on the pitch at EDS level?

Posted on Saturday in the thread about City EDS vs Wolves u23's.

There was a few times where he stood out on Saturday with a few of his touches/beating players in tight situations but he made at least 2/3 unbelievable mistakes (foreshadowing the first team a few hours later!) which fortunately didn't result in goals.

I've always looked out for Angelino; my Dad and uncle bumped into Brian Marwood on a Spanish golf course 6 years ago and he said "we have a 16 year old left back that will be in the first team in a few years", at that point I hadn't even heard of him. I've seen him since he was about 17 and he didn't have these mistakes in him.

Not sure if fitness is an issue but considering he was our only apparently fit natural left back on Saturday and he was playing at the CFA and not at Carrow Road, I'd be concerned about his future.

As a side note, my overall impression from Saturday vs Wolves was that no one looked like they could turn out for City's first team. Obviously hope I'm wrong about that as with Doyle, THB and McDonald you've got some legit Berts.

Very good cameo today. I think he should be ahead of Zinchenko at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.