Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good cameo today. I think he should be ahead of Zinchenko at the very least.
With Zinchenko rotating out Rodri.

Even when D Silva and Gundogan leave, I am comfortable having Foden and Zinchenko to try to make up for it.

You can't judge him defensively based on today's game, but he was great going forward with some decent crosses into the box.

Personally thought he looked better than Mendy today. A couple of slip ups, but that's to be expected when you've hardly played.

Linked up with the play exceptionally well at times and crossing looked great. Thought he was playing quite an interesting role at times too - drifting centrally at the edge of the box and almost as high as where you would expect your CF.

I'd have him start against Preston and then swap for Mendy. Essentially the opposite of what we saw today.

Impossible to judge him against that opposition and who knows how his career at City will pan out but that being said.....How refreshing to have a full back whose 1st thought isn’t to play a 3 yard pass back to a centre half. He showed more attacking prowess in 30 minutes than Walker and Zinchenko have shown in 2 seasons.

Looked electric when he came on. Can't make sweeping conclusions based on that game, but if he carries on like that Pep will have a dilemma on his hands at some point.

Zinchenko has proven too much last season to deserve comments like this.
Angelino had a good cameo against a team that was 7-0 down.
I'm happy for the lad and he shows potential. Lets leave it at that.

Disagree. I'm with @RandomJ on this one.
I know what you mean re using this game only as a guide, but to my eyes I prefer him over Zin, and I'd like to see him get some more opportunities v soon to win over folk like yourself.

Zinchenko has proven too much last season to deserve comments like this.
Angelino had a good cameo against a team that was 7-0 down.
I'm happy for the lad and he shows potential. Lets leave it at that.

I'm sorry but Zinchenko offers zilch up front and despite playing LB for 2 years still struggles with the basics of defending. I like Zinchenko and love his attitude but would I prefer an actual LB playing at LB? Yes I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.