Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His performance today shouldnt threaten Zinchenko - he was awful and gave the ball away in dangerous positions at least 4 times.

some will put it down to rustiness which it could be but ive seen that type of wayward passing from him a number of times before ..like Pep said, he will need to learn the way we play...Angelino was much better than him when he came on (and Angelino was awful in pre season)....

He also needs to know that he doesnt have to hit every cross as had as he can!!

If there was a thumbs down for this I’d press it...

When fit he’s integral to the machine, the ability to get out and stretch teams is exactly what Zin can’t do... it will take time but come on, it’s night and day!

He was alright. Obviously rusty.

3 big pluses though:

1) There were moments of really promising incisive passing. His technique when he gets it right is something else.
2) He was disciplined. He held his position well without consistently bombing on and didn't cross it/play a throughball at every opportunity.
3) He lasted 45 minutes.

Spot on, it’s the balance we’ve missed but also the drive out... he’ll be a huge plus for the system, stay fit and it gives yet another headache to the opposing team!

I was going to put this in the aguero thread

.Some people want to appear critical even when we've just walloped a team 8-0 to sound like an expert, they just sound petty,

he's been out for two fucking years, of course he's going to be a bit off ,next time he will be better ect
but if you noticed what i put originally......if you have watched him before, those sloppy passes are part of his game. its not just this game he has done it in but he has done it prior to inury as well.

With a maanger who demands the best in terms of possession and keeping it he will need to improve this (and again its not just about this game where of course he is rusty) but its an issue that has been raised before.

Angelino kept possession better today.
Give it a fucking rest your trying to be expert critical, when your coming Across as a know fuckall
His performance today shouldnt threaten Zinchenko - he was awful and gave the ball away in dangerous positions at least 4 times.

some will put it down to rustiness which it could be but ive seen that type of wayward passing from him a number of times before ..like Pep said, he will need to learn the way we play...Angelino was much better than him when he came on (and Angelino was awful in pre season)....

He also needs to know that he doesnt have to hit every cross as had as he can!!
I've just checked the passing stats for the team ,mendy 84% Sergio 83% Kevin 88% the rest of the team over 90% ,mendy didn't find the man 6 times but included in that was 3 crosses that didn't find the man so 3 passes failed ,for a guy that has been fucked for two years is pretty good and will get better ,as for pep questioning his passing, im not sure ive come across that

I was going to put this in the aguero thread

.Some people want to appear critical even when we've just walloped a team 8-0 to sound like an expert, they just sound petty,

he's been out for two fucking years, of course he's going to be a bit off ,next time he will be better ect

Give it a fucking rest your trying to be expert critical, when your coming Across as a know fuckall

I've just checked the passing stats for the team ,mendy 84% Sergio 83% Kevin 88% the rest of the team over 90% ,mendy didn't find the man 6 times but included in that was 3 crosses that didn't find the man so 3 passes failed ,for a guy that has been fucked for two years is pretty good and will get better ,as for pep questioning his passing, im not sure ive come across that

and pep mentioned it in his post match press conferance that mistakes like that led to clear chances in the first hafl for watford.....check the highlights...one of Mendys give aways directly led to the situation of a one v one between Ottomendi and Delafaeou which Ederson dug us out of with a save - it was simple square ball that he gvae away - very sloppy and needless

people cannt offer an opinion on here without being jumped on by people.

I know he is intergral to the way that Pep wants to play and yes he has huge qualities and is valuabe when fit. Hi crossing an be excellent and his pace frightens opposition defnders and pegs them back. His personality in the dressing room is probably vital as well...He may allow us (when others are fit as well) to go 3-5-2 2 which i think lots of people would like to see and we have been denied for the vast majority of his time here

But lets not pretend that he doesnt make huge mistakes sometimes that against the very best will get punished - and that is what we have to strive for...Pep says it all the tiem...in the champs league those mistakes get punished (

He was rusty today but those sloppy passes have been seen before....before he was injured the first time and second time

its got nothing to do with being petty but just pointing out an area with he needs to improve on. If/when he does he will be even better than he is and i fully expect Pep to get it out of him if he gets some luck with his fitness.

A million miles from his Monaco level as expected , he still put in half a dozen good crosses but his passing was at times abysmal, its his first 45 minutes for months and at least he does look match fit again , which augurs well. If he can turn back the clock three years and reproduce that form , we will have the best left back in europe , he just needs games now.

and pep mentioned it in his post match press conferance that mistakes like that led to clear chances in the first hafl for watford.....check the highlights...one of Mendys give aways directly led to the situation of a one v one between Ottomendi and Delafaeou which Ederson dug us out of with a save - it was simple square ball that he gvae away - very sloppy and needless

people cannt offer an opinion on here without being jumped on by people.

I know he is intergral to the way that Pep wants to play and yes he has huge qualities and is valuabe when fit. Hi crossing an be excellent and his pace frightens opposition defnders and pegs them back. His personality in the dressing room is probably vital as well...He may allow us (when others are fit as well) to go 3-5-2 2 which i think lots of people would like to see and we have been denied for the vast majority of his time here

But lets not pretend that he doesnt make huge mistakes sometimes that against the very best will get punished - and that is what we have to strive for...Pep says it all the tiem...in the champs league those mistakes get punished (

He was rusty today but those sloppy passes have been seen before....before he was injured the first time and second time

its got nothing to do with being petty but just pointing out an area with he needs to improve on. If/when he does he will be even better than he is and i fully expect Pep to get it out of him if he gets some luck with his fitness.

I understand this and you've shown yourself to be reasonable; and it's definitely wrong if people are dicks to you about it. But when you describe a performance as awful, especially when it wasn't, you're going to be jumped on. Especially for what's an overly negative and harsh opinion.

I understand this and you've shown yourself to be reasonable; and it's definitely wrong if people are dicks to you about it. But when you describe a performance as awful, especially when it wasn't, you're going to be jumped on. Especially for what's an overly negative and harsh opinion.

ok lets say it was a sloppy performance

A monster. We scored 5 because he stretches the opposition. If he gets fit it will be mayhem. Hardly played in 2 years and performed admirably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.