Watford post-match

Just turned my phone n, have City on notification of Soccerway livescore app. there are 12 notifications for the game, lol

Mendy possession lost: 13
Angelino possession lost: 12
You mean the Mendy whom has just recovered from 2 major knee injuries and barley played for 12 months.

Give the guy a couple of months, if he is still giving the ball away, then criticise with reason.

But I will give you Angelino is simply not good enough.

You mean the Mendy whom has just recovered from 2 major knee injuries and barley played for 12 months.

Give the guy a couple of months, if he is still giving the ball away, then criticise with reason.

If mendy stays fit it’s a huge bonus for us. He looked rusty yesterday but that understandable really, like you say he will need a few months to get back up to full speed. I really hope he can though as he will give us a huge boost. Love Zin and what he’s done, but compared to a fully fit mendy there’s a big difference.

If mendy stays fit it’s a huge bonus for us. He looked rusty yesterday but that understandable really, like you say he will need a few months to get back up to full speed. I really hope he can though as he will give us a huge boost. Love Zin and what he’s done, but compared to a fully fit mendy there’s a big difference.
When Mendy return to full match fitness he is an awesome attaching threat, and a great character to have back in the dressing room.

Raheem should be very worried, he's been off the pace for a few games now.

He has become too focused perhaps on wanting to score goals and not enough intelligent and thoughtful interplay.

There was a far better balance with Bernardo and De Bruyne occupying his spaces.

Otamendi was still all over the shop and even Eddie has become a bit indecisive when it comes to knowing when to charge from his line in recent weeks.

No wonder with Nico racing out of the middle.

I thought David Silva played one of his greatest games yesterday.

Impudent.

Mendy looked scared to death probably because of his injuries, and his decision making was dreadful. You can not play him against better teams just yet. But to finish with a defence of Concelo, Garcia, Fernandinho and Angelino was Pep sticking up two fingers to the arse hole critics. They looked pretty good together I thought.

The movement (showing for the ball or running in behind a player) was unbelievable today. There were passes available to the man on the ball everywhere, because EVERYONE was on their game and up for it.

The first ball by KDB for Silva...impossible to defend. Trademark KDB pass.

Sergio’s pen...first time I’ve seen him put his laces through it. About time.

Silva’s quick free kick and Sergio’s LEFT FOOTED, ON THE RUN pinpoint cross for Nico was brutal simplicity.

Bernardo wins the “shortest distance from goal hat trick” ever! Each one was a tap in!

And, the cherry on the icing on the cake? KDB

KDB capped off another imperious performance with a Howitzer from the edge of the box, then holds out his arms, as if to declare “Are you not entertained?!” Or maybe it was simply “Yes, you may now bow at the feet of the new King!”

Glad to see decent minutes for Mendy, Cancelo, Angelino, and Garcia. Getting the squad involved is vitally important, so if not today, when?! Garcia looks like the business back there. He should go to The Fernandinho School of Defending” every day and learn from The Master himself.

As for that Master, Fernandinho should be nicknamed either Hoover or Dyson the way he sweeps up every scrap of business at the back.

And then there is this new fella...Rodri. What a fucking baller he is!!! Talk about your “needs time to adjust to the Premier League!” He has made a mockery of that nugget and now controls the deadliest midfield in the country, with The Master mopping up behind him, if needed, which is rare!

This lad looks like he was born to OWN the middle of the park, and he is exactly the kind of player that we have been looking for...big, strong, but quiet, assassin with boy band good looks and steel in his eyes. Oh, and not only can he nick, protect, spray and head the ball, he can leather it, too! He’ll chip in with a handful or more this year, and don’t be surprised if most of them are from outside the box!

On another day, Sergio would have had a hat trick, but not to worry. It keeps him hungry! For a star amongst stars when it comes to strikers, this fella sweats his knackers off for this team every game now. No-one should forget that Pep has added this to his game.

Sergio is a better, more well-rounded team player now than I have ever seen him, and it was a travesty that the sweeping move that led to his pile driver hitting the post (instead of nestling in the corner of the net!) has robbed us of the result (and adulation) the move and snap shot deserved.

Overall, that has to be the most complete attacking performance in the PL in many a year, if not ever.

Simply magnificent performance.
A great celebration of a wonderful performance. Respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.