Metrolink users

If you use the canal route don’t follow it all the way to ground from town as it goes everywhere !
Get of it where there’s a road bridge over it and walk from there.

It doesn’t. It’s a direct route from Piccadilly Wharf straight to the ground and it’s a nice walk.

Altrincham line is terminating at Old Trafford due to an incident in City Centre. We've just jumped off at Sale to get a black cab to the ground.

How many of you got caught up in the shambolic Metrolink service from Altrincham prior to yesterdays game, the trams were delayed because of some problem at Cornbrook and the tram I boarded was only going to Old Trafford. The driver made an announcement at Stretford that it was now continuing on to Piccadilly which received large cheers from all passengers.

I always change at Cornbrook to the Eccles tram to avoid the crowds in the centre of town, but when I left my first tram the information board had no Etihad trams displayed. The useless Metrolink staff were telling us there would be an Etihad tram in 14 minutes but only a single unit and there were hundreds waiting for it. It eventually arrived and fortunately it was a double unit but already quite full. We eventually got to the Etihad at 5:08 exactly one hour after setting off from Navigation Road.

After the game the Altrincham tram from Piccadilly was a single unit, the clowns in charge of the service do not seem to realise what a large support City have in the Altrincham/Sale area.

The people who run this pathetic sytem need a good kicking, and should take a look at how similar systems are run on the continent of Europe.

How many of you got caught up in the shambolic Metrolink service from Altrincham prior to yesterdays game, the trams were delayed because of some problem at Cornbrook and the tram I boarded was only going to Old Trafford. The driver made an announcement at Stretford that it was now continuing on to Piccadilly which received large cheers from all passengers.

I always change at Cornbrook to the Eccles tram to avoid the crowds in the centre of town, but when I left my first tram the information board had no Etihad trams displayed. The useless Metrolink staff were telling us there would be an Etihad tram in 14 minutes but only a single unit and there were hundreds waiting for it. It eventually arrived and fortunately it was a double unit but already quite full. We eventually got to the Etihad at 5:08 exactly one hour after setting off from Navigation Road.

After the game the Altrincham tram from Piccadilly was a single unit, the clowns in charge of the service do not seem to realise what a large support City have in the Altrincham/Sale area.

The people who run this pathetic sytem need a good kicking, and should take a look at how similar systems are run on the continent of Europe.

They have designed the system so poorly that when there is a problem at a large interchange like Cornbrook most of the network grinds to a halt. They are so determined to get a line to the Trafford centre they are not bothered about whether existing services run properly.
Getting back last night was a disgrace. A single unit from Piccadilly left fans and shoppers stranded after St Peters Sq. as it was so full no one could get on.

I wonder if the TC extension is being used, since the virus started?

unfortunate timing, early opening of it, at the start of the week, with lockdown beginning at the end of the week. (iirc - days are all blurring into one!)

still, any extension is good, though it would appear it might become the ‘white elephant’ line with the collapse of footfall retail.

I was out cycling in TP half an hour ago, the trams are running but didnt see a single person on any of them - that said I think I saw a total of ten cars and two lorries from the Swamp all the way down to centenary bridge and over to kellogs

colinthewindowcleaner said:
If you use the canal route don’t follow it all the way to ground from town as it goes everywhere !
Get of it where there’s a road bridge over it and walk from there.
***********************************************************************************************************************

There are TWO canals quite close together near Piccadilly Station. One follows Oldham Road out to Failsworth the other goes out to Ashton Under Lyne and runs in a STRAIGHT line passing within 50 metres of the Stadium.

Just had an update email from Metrolink -
They are offering free Metrolink Tram travel for all NHS and other care staff,commencing Sat. 11th April.
My wife is a night carer at a private residential care home and recently has had to get the tram from Newton Heath to Hollinwood (and return in the morning).
So fair do's to Metrolink,they didn't have to offer free travel,but they have done and I say well done to them. Thanks.

It was often free travel when I used it as nobody ever checked your ticket.

Following comments about dangers of tube travel, here's some work done on "Anti-bacterial air conditioning" but it could just a well be anti-viral.

J Occup Environ Hyg. 2006 Oct;3(10):536-46.
UV air cleaners and upper-room air ultraviolet germicidal irradiation for controlling airborne bacteria and fungal spores.
Kujundzic E1, Matalkah F, Howard CJ, Hernandez M, Miller SL.
Author information

Abstract
In-room air cleaners (ACs) and upper-room air ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) are engineering control technologies that can help reduce the concentrations of airborne bacteria and fungal spores in the indoor environment. This study investigated six different types of ACs and quantified their ability to remove and/or inactivate airborne bacteria and fungal spores. Four of the air cleaners incorporated UV lamp(s) into their flow path. In addition, the efficacy of combining ACs with upper-room air UVGI was investigated. With the ventilation system providing zero or six air changes per hour, the air cleaners were tested separately or with the upper-room air UVGI system in operation in an 87-m3 test room. Active bacteria cells and fungal spores were aerosolized into the room such that their numbers and physiologic state were comparable both with and without air cleaning and upper-room air UVGI. In addition, the disinfection performance of a UV-C lamp internal to one of the ACs was evaluated by estimating the percentage of airborne bacteria cells and fungal spores captured on the air filter medium surface that were inactivated with UV exposure. Average airborne microbial clean air delivery rates (CADRm) varied between 26-981 m3 hr-1 depending on the AC, and between 1480-2370 m3 hr-1, when using air cleaners in combination with upper-room air UVGI. Culturing, direct microscopy, and optical particle counting revealed similar CADRm. The ACs performed similarly when challenged with three different microorganisms. Testing two of the ACs showed that no additional air cleaning was provided with the operation of an internal UV-C lamp; the internal UV-C lamps, however, inactivated 75% of fungal spores and 97% of bacteria cells captured in the air filter medium within 60 min.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.