Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Strikes me this is so similar to what Leeds did, albeit an electronic version, look at the difference in reporting.
Leeds were rightly slated all over the press and yet once again Littlwoods get off almost scotfree imagine my shock?

Having thought about it I imagine we've settled with them out of court because we can't prove what they did with the information, if anything, or what they looked at or may have changed, only that they did access our system without permission whilst in employment with a rival. Maybe it was an auto log in and nothing actually was looked at, but on their side Liverpool can't prove that either.

Really, there is potentially the case for criminal proceedings against the individuals, so the fact that Liverpool chose to settle and retain the offender's in their employment needs an explanation.

That said, I am also of the belief that the footballing authorities need to act on this, if they have not already. As it happened years ago I'm not sure how it should be handled by them, but an investigation should have been opened in conjunction both city originally. If we didn't notify the FA and Premier League at the time then that's our fault, but it shouldnt ever be too late.

If the EFL have concerns and can take action at Leeds watching a rivals sessions, then the FA and Premier League should be doubly interested in Liverpool and City's case.

Have Liverpool given any thoughts and corrective actions to the authorities? Have they been asked to? How did they stop it from happening again? Do employees now get trained on data access compliance? Have city reasonably amendedtheir system to ensure access is more controlled? What did the investigation paid for by city find exactly?

But no... silence and ignorance from FA to newspaper. Unacceptable.

Maybe both clubs took a lenient approach, but I know full well if that was done in my industry (and it has been in the past) then the individuals would be lucky to not be a guest of HM prison service with a whopping fine also for the employer. Settlement out of court likely wouldn't be an option.

Wells Fargo, the disgraced RBS, a former BA executive and how a club was stolen...

A plot of financial skullduggery, only suitable for a club of Liverpool's moral standing.
Yes a lot of this story has been happening in New York where our owners have upset a lot of powerful people since they launched New York City FC. It is not a co-incidence that the US media has led the way on negative FFP stories involving City.

Agree with all this. It is a significant story because for the first time a major media outlet has revealed the truth about Liverpool's smear campaign against City. Earlier this year Khaldoon made it clear that a campaign had been waged against City but did not identify Liverpool as the culprits. This has been going on for years starting with the smear campaign against Raheem Sterling which was fuelled by leaks and briefings from LFC. It also includes hacking our scouting system and circulating letters urging other clubs to lobby the Premier League to take action against us for FFP. Liverpool FC and Merseyside police also worked together to cover up the violent attack on our team coach.
This is a change of position for the Times who have previously been hostile to City. I suspect Martin Ziegler and his colleagues now also know who has been leaking information from the UEFA investigations committee to the New York Times and this will shape their future coverage.
Change in position as you rightly point out. Perhaps they have been helped to get back on the track of decent journalism by guidance from our owner who has many contacts in the non football sectors of business?

Not sure why anybody is surprised at a lack of acknowledgement or remorse.

They have blood on their hands and murderers watching them every home match.

This leak was merely a shot across a few bows.

Goodness knows what might emerge if someone were to let slip how J W Henry managed to acquire the filthy rats.
It’s never their fault!

The funny thing is about all this is the total lack of coverage in the media. It shows how fucking sick in the head the British media is when it comes to that fucking disgusting football club and their fucking disgusting set of fans.

Millwall and Leeds fans have this stigma attached to them that is run with by the media and other fans, however I’m yet to see them murder 39 Juventus fans. The media never attach this stigma to Liverpool fans. That fucking disgusting set of fans murdered 39 people and got all English teams banned from Europe yet they get called “European Royalty” and it is never fucking mentioned by the media.

Their fans are like a weird cult. There’s nowt else like them in English football - and that’s not a compliment. Their fans are absolutely fucking deluded, but the mad thing about that is, while City Everton and United fans can see it, and fans of an array of other clubs who think the same about the cultist weirdos, the media fucking love them. They’re bang in with these murdering cultist ****s. And for what reason?

They pander to them, they pull out pundit after pundit that have association with that club, absolute nobodies of the game like Stephen Warnock. They’re everywhere at every turn. You turn on talkSPORT and they’ll be on the blower to Steve Nicol, you switch it to 5Live and they’ll have Barry Venison in the studio, you turn on Sky Sports News and they’ve got Phil Babb on. Who the fuck are these people? Names nobody would remember if the media didn’t wheel them out, but they’re everywhere banging on about “Liverpool this” “Liverpool that”.

Until it’s something negative about them like this scandal. Just like Heysal, this will be filed under the taboo that you can’t talk about when it comes to Liverpool. The press won’t print/post stories about it, the radio won’t be ringing up Jan Molby and SSN won’t be wheeling Ronnie Whelan out to hear what they have to say about all this.

It will be brushed under the carpet by them all. Then when it’s forgotten about they’ll have Nick Tanner on the Jim White show bigging up Liverpool’s title chances.

It’ll be interesting to see exactly how many people in the media actually run with this and even then how many run with an anti-Liverpool viewpoint.

The lack of media attention on this just confirms how they are the media darlings and we are not.
It goes further than that. It’s organised media manipulation.

And I’m glad we’re not part of it. They’re all a bunch of fucking snakes in the media.

Makes you heave when you see some of the shit they come out with when it comes to Liverpool Football Cult. And the complete opposite, Cult-paid, attacks aimed at City.

Imagine if this was the other way around. Every media outlet would be running with this story to use as a stick to beat City with.

The silence, however, from them all, because it’s Liverpool, is deafening!

I’ve been thinking and to me the fact it was only £1mil is neither here nor there.

The very fact they paid it is an admission of their guilt, and because of that we might as well keep the powder dry till the time is right. As even though they’ve paid us off as it were the very fact they did this raises a LOT of questions.

I’ve a growing feeling that war is dawning.
The only pitiable thing is that the pundit cowards are too busy asking pep if he took a bung and sucking klopp’s dick to ask any relevant questions

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.