Bring the Noise

The kippax corner was fantastic today, like a few years ago. Should be like that every game

Miles louder then the south stand and more people join in - in the the east stand.

The corner were mint today, need to do that more often.

Thr noise travels down the East Stand to us on the half way and more people join in than when SSL1 sing on their own

In the CB Stand by the half way line but sat as far up as possible !! My lad and me tried to get the singing going but to not much avail. Towards the end the kids around enjoyed singing KDB song .....

In fact when we started to sing we had about 50 people turn round and looked at us as if we were mad !!

I sit in ssl1 but when the kippax corner turn up like today its unrivalled and acts as a catalyst for both the SS and the rest of the east stand to join in and sing together rather than against each other in tiny pockets in a race to see who can finish a song first. Sadly noise doesn’t travel along the south stand well at all for whatever reason. Good noise today, hope it continues, no reason for it not to.

I sit in ssl1 but when the kippax corner turn up like today its unrivalled and acts as a catalyst for both the SS and the rest of the east stand to join in and sing together rather than against each other in tiny pockets in a race to see who can finish a song first. Sadly noise doesn’t travel along the south stand well at all for whatever reason. Good noise today, hope it continues, no reason for it not to.

I agree it doesn’t travel well across the south stand. The main reason for that in my opinion is the Colin bell stand. They don’t join in with anything.

Whereas when the corner sings the whole east stand joins in. The corner section for years was the best area and helped other areas to sing. We just need the corner to be like that every week.

I moved seats for today's game for the first time in over 10 years. Moving from Kippax corner (Block 111) to the family stand to take my lad to his first game (Not a bad first game may I add;) ) Kippax corner was superb looking on from the family stand , not had the privilege to view it from a different area and easily trumped the South Stand

Good bit of banter between ss and corner today. "Where were you when we were shit???"
Ss replied "beating you when we were shit"
Watford fans looking puzzled.

Good atmosphere today an£ 3.00pm kickoffs always seem to generate more atmosphere. Considering relocating next season nearer the singing as where I sit I could swear people are asleep.

I agree it doesn’t travel well across the south stand. The main reason for that in my opinion is the Colin bell stand. They don’t join in with anything.

Whereas when the corner sings the whole east stand joins in. The corner section for years was the best area and helped other areas to sing. We just need the corner to be like that every week.
South Stand Level 1 is probably the absolute worst place in the whole ground to have the singing section.

It’s trapped between the away fans on one side, who either equal or outnumber SSL1; the Colin Bell on the other side, who don’t sing so the noise just stops there; and with it being a small tier the noise doesn’t travel back and up the South Stand to levels 2 and 3.

It’s like SSL1 is this little section that’s isolated from the rest of the ground.

Against Brighton SSL1 were really good in the second half. But because everyone feels detached from them, the rest of the ground don’t join in. Yet yesterday, when the Kippax Corner sung, it travelled along the East Stand really well and even people who usually just sit there all game were joining in with some songs.

It’s just a shame the Kippax Corner don’t do it more often. Around 2010 to 2012 that corner used to have an excellent atmosphere. I hope yesterday was the start of more to come from them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.