Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

It’s never their fault!

The funny thing is about all this is the total lack of coverage in the media. It shows how fucking sick in the head the British media is when it comes to that fucking disgusting football club and their fucking disgusting set of fans.

Millwall and Leeds fans have this stigma attached to them that is run with by the media and other fans, however I’m yet to see them murder 39 Juventus fans. The media never attach this stigma to Liverpool fans. That fucking disgusting set of fans murdered 39 people and got all English teams banned from Europe yet they get called “European Royalty” and it is never fucking mentioned by the media.

Their fans are like a weird cult. There’s nowt else like them in English football - and that’s not a compliment. Their fans are absolutely fucking deluded, but the mad thing about that is, while City Everton and United fans can see it, and fans of an array of other clubs who think the same about the cultist weirdos, the media fucking love them. They’re bang in with these murdering cultist ****s. And for what reason?

They pander to them, they pull out pundit after pundit that have association with that club, absolute nobodies of the game like Stephen Warnock. They’re everywhere at every turn. You turn on talkSPORT and they’ll be on the blower to Steve Nicol, you switch it to 5Live and they’ll have Barry Venison in the studio, you turn on Sky Sports News and they’ve got Phil Babb on. Who the fuck are these people? Names nobody would remember if the media didn’t wheel them out, but they’re everywhere banging on about “Liverpool this” “Liverpool that”.

Until it’s something negative about them like this scandal. Just like Heysal, this will be filed under the taboo that you can’t talk about when it comes to Liverpool. The press won’t print/post stories about it, the radio won’t be ringing up Jan Molby and SSN won’t be wheeling Ronnie Whelan out to hear what they have to say about all this.

It will be brushed under the carpet by them all. Then when it’s forgotten about they’ll have Nick Tanner on the Jim White show bigging up Liverpool’s title chances.

It’ll be interesting to see exactly how many people in the media actually run with this and even then how many run with an anti-Liverpool viewpoint.
The really 'funny thing' about the 39 is that when challenged they go on about its so long ago it's not of any consequence...'istree I believe, yet they're always banging in about false history when it suits.

I'm in no way intentionally trivialising the poor souls in Belgium.

Anybody asked the publicly funded Beeb why they aren't covering this story? It's absolutely fucking scandalous, no wonder paedophiles acted with impunity within that rotten organisation.

Some of the media aren't reporting it because the scousers have there lawyers bullying and threatening them if they do report it. Scousers had the lawyers all over it in 2013 and stopped it coming out then.

The more I think about this the more I dont understand why City didnt take them to court.
I guess the premier league will also fine dipperpool for breaking the rules of the premiership.
I guess the press will be all over dipperpool for this hacking,
I guess it was on all the news programs yesterday ( I was travelling to and from our game so missed any news )
I guess talksport will have covered it yesterday ( didnt hear anything when in the car I must have missed it)
We should have gone to court than the media and press would have to report it !!!!! I feel a little pissed of that we seem to have let them of so lightly......

I wasn't excusing it. City were paid off so it ends in 2013. If City wanted they could have ensured it went to the police, if there was enough evidence, and the people in question may have ended up with a caution.
Under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, since amended, there are 3 levels of misuse:
  1. Accessing a system without permission. That can incur punishment of up to 2years in prison and a £5k fine.
  2. Doing (1) but with intent to steal data or otherwise take part in a criminal act.
  3. Doing (1) and altering data held in a computer system. (2) and (3) can incur a punishment of up to 10 years in prison & an unlimited fine.
To get a prosecution you've got to get the police to agree to prosecute and then the CPS have to believe there's a viable case with a reasonable chance of proving the case in court. The police seem reluctant to get involved in anything but the most serious cybecrime, which is one big hurdle, and even if it gets to court you have to be able to prove intent, which isn't as simple as it seems.

It seems the former employees used an existing employee's log-in (rather than their own, which were probably disabled) to gain access to the system but you'd have to be able to prove it was them who did this. You'd probably have to prove that they knew they weren't authorised to do this and if our IT security rules weren't specific about his then they could simply say they didn't realise they couldn't access the system. Who knows what was going on or what the lawyers said. Liverpool's lawyers could have urged them to settle. The PL could have been desperate to avoid two clubs facing each other in a public forum in court and put pressure on both to reach a deal. I'm not a lawyer but I believe that if you take a matter to court having had an offer of settlement that you've turned down, this could prejudice your case, because it means you're seen as possibly bringing it for vexatious reasons, not for a reasonable outcome.

No one but the parties involved knows but Liverpool's assertion that it wasn't an admission of liability is patently bollocks (even if legally true) as you don't pay someone £1m if your hands are clean.

Strikes me this is so similar to what Leeds did, albeit an electronic version, look at the difference in reporting.
Leeds were rightly slated all over the press and yet once again Littlwoods get off almost scotfree imagine my shock?
It’s worse. Leeds weren’t sneaking into other clubs training grounds and setting up covert cameras. Rui Pinto is currently sat in jail awaiting trial for hacking. Try hacking into the FBI and seeing if a million quid would see the issue go away. This whole thing stinks and the people behind it are still employed in senior positions.

Maybe if we took them to court at the time and got a big win, rui pinto might not have been so keen to hack into our servers

Under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, since amended, there are 3 levels of misuse:
  1. Accessing a system without permission. That can incur punishment of up to 2years in prison and a £5k fine.
  2. Doing (1) but with intent to steal data or otherwise take part in a criminal act.
  3. Doing (1) and altering data held in a computer system. (2) and (3) can incur a punishment of up to 10 years in prison & an unlimited fine.
To get a prosecution you've got to get the police to agree to prosecute and then the CPS have to believe there's a viable case with a reasonable chance of proving the case in court. The police seem reluctant to get involved in anything but the most serious cybecrime, which is one big hurdle, and even if it gets to court you have to be able to prove intent, which isn't as simple as it seems.

It seems the former employees used an existing employee's log-in (rather than their own, which were probably disabled) to gain access to the system but you'd have to be able to prove it was them who did this. You'd probably have to prove that they knew they weren't authorised to do this and if our IT security rules weren't specific about his then they could simply say they didn't realise they couldn't access the system. Who knows what was going on or what the lawyers said. Liverpool's lawyers could have urged them to settle. The PL could have been desperate to avoid two clubs facing each other in a public forum in court and put pressure on both to reach a deal. I'm not a lawyer but I believe that if you take a matter to court having had an offer of settlement that you've turned down, this could prejudice your case, because it means you're seen as possibly bringing it for vexatious reasons, not for a reasonable outcome.

No one but the parties involved knows but Liverpool's assertion that it wasn't an admission of liability is patently bollocks (even if legally true) as you don't pay someone £1m if your hands are clean.

Big companies get Scotland Yard involved.

Cautions/Final Juvenile Warnings are common.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.