Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way, I have no idea what you are on about - when did I suggest a fixed XI? Are you actually watching how Pep sets up the team? If a player is not playing, he has his reasons and they are entirely linked to someone else being a better fit for the occasion, on the day. 3+ seasons and some are acting like they have no idea who is coaching
You flit from flower to flower.

Look at the posts I responded to. You first asked who does Foden play ahead of. Then you implied he won’t play if he’s not in our best XI. Rubbish. Have you never heard of substitutions and rotation?

Didn’t look that small when he came on. Oozes class and leadership really hope this lad makes it with us.

I said to the wife when he came on he looked far bigger than I remember from last season. Maybe it's being up behind him in ss3 makes him look broader? Didn't look like a kid doing a job this time round. Suppose at 18 he will be gaining man weight.

Put his foot in the door yesterday. I noticed he looked almost identical in height to Fernandinho when they stood next to each other. He came on and said to Pep "no worries, you can trust me while Laporte is out".

He is clearly going to play against Prestong which will be another good test for him - he has all the knowledge and on the ball ability...for me the only concern would be physical presence.

Put his foot in the door yesterday. I noticed he looked almost identical in height to Fernandinho when they stood next to each other. He came on and said to Pep "no worries, you can trust me while Laporte is out".

No i noticed that too...but Ferna has an exceptional leap on him which helps him. Dont know about Garcia however..he clearly has the footballing brain and ability on the ball but we do lak that physical presene at the back that Laporte gives us and Kompany did give us.

No i noticed that too...but Ferna has an exceptional leap on him which helps him. Dont know about Garcia however..he clearly has the footballing brain and ability on the ball but we do lak that physical presene at the back that Laporte gives us and Kompany did give us.

The other thing about Fern is that he's got so much experience. Winning headers is as much about timing and being shoulder to shoulder in a physical battle with the forward as it is height. When to give them a little push off balance just as you jump, climbing on them a bit, positioning your body between them and the ball, when to just concede the header but mop up the second ball. Fernandinho is a master of all that, and he's learned it from years of playing, especially the last 2 years.

Garcia hasn't shown if he can do that yet. Which doesn't mean he can't, but we just won't know until he plays more.

You flit from flower to flower.

Look at the posts I responded to. You first asked who does Foden play ahead of. Then you implied he won’t play if he’s not in our best XI. Rubbish. Have you never heard of substitutions and rotation?

I made a reasoned post, I can't account for you failing to comprehend it. Who indeed does Foden play ahead of? Maybe David Silva but in the overall pecking order, he falls behind David in terms of XI. To be rotated, you'd have to earn that spot in the selection process - if Foden hasn't moved into it, for whatever reasons, the 19 y.o. isn't ready yet. It's hardly the end of the world or some indictment of failing to develop

No one in decades has brought more youth along to senior football in Europe than Guardiola, if he isn't doing it well enough for you then you'll never be satisfied

Garcia is a little taller than Carlos Puyol and Franco Baresi; I'd have been happy to pair either of them with Laporte. He looks as though he could end up be a strong guy physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.