Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool are firing on all cylinders this year, I cant see them being stopped by anyone if they continue with the momentum they have at the moment. And that includes Chelsea today, they'll never beat them.

What I am waiting for, expecting this year is for Liverpool to have some injuries, some bad VAR results, something that takes their momentum away. It's why Pep is the better manager, he has had so many crushing VAR decisions and injuries to players yet he always finds a way, ffsake lets see what Klopp is made of in those same circumstances!

Liverpool are firing on all cylinders this year, I cant see them being stopped by anyone if they continue with the momentum they have at the moment. And that includes Chelsea today, they'll never beat them.

What I am waiting for, expecting this year is for Liverpool to have some injuries, some bad VAR results, something that takes their momentum away. It's why Pep is the better manager, he has had so many crushing VAR decisions and injuries to players yet he always finds a way, ffsake lets see what Klopp is made of in those same circumstances!

As a Reds fan, I'll admit to my own biases, but like most rational Reds (and yes, we are still the non-vocal majority), I'm a lot less confident than this forum seems to think that we are.

Do we have great team, perhaps the best Liverpool side ever? Quite possibly.
Are City better? Quite probably.

On a one to one match up there's almost nothing between us. You can debate who's the better keeper and the best front line, while I would say Liverpool defence is better and city's midfield is streaks ahead, but the difference is in the depth of the squad.

Its hard/impossible to sympathise with a city squad that has so many outstanding internationals on the bench (kudos to Pep for keeping them all happy by the way), but when you talk about luck with injuries, remember that at one point last year we had 3 centre halves out with serious injuries and played both Fabinho and a 16 year old in that position at one time, and right now still have our number 1 keeper out (and missed the Ox for an entire year) . Right now that luck is running against you, but you can still blow teams away.

If we talk about VAR, and by this I mean only when it is use, then technically you haven't suffered much. The spurs decisions last year and this were both technically correct (even if, like me, you think that it's the rule that is wrong, not the var decision itself), while I could point to 2 separate plenty decisions that have gone against the Reds so far (Newcastle and napoli). I think we are all guilty of only seeing the ones that go against us (and that includes me).

Final point, is Pep the better manager? Well there's a million other arguments about that, the style of play, the resources available.....i'll just stick with thinking they are both great managers, possibly the best 2 in the world at present, and that I wouldn't trade Klopp for anyone right now.

Guess that's enough for a first post

As a Reds fan, I'll admit to my own biases, but like most rational Reds (and yes, we are still the non-vocal majority), I'm a lot less confident than this forum seems to think that we are.

Do we have great team, perhaps the best Liverpool side ever? Quite possibly.
Are City better? Quite probably.

On a one to one match up there's almost nothing between us. You can debate who's the better keeper and the best front line, while I would say Liverpool defence is better and city's midfield is streaks ahead, but the difference is in the depth of the squad.

Its hard/impossible to sympathise with a city squad that has so many outstanding internationals on the bench (kudos to Pep for keeping them all happy by the way), but when you talk about luck with injuries, remember that at one point last year we had 3 centre halves out with serious injuries and played both Fabinho and a 16 year old in that position at one time, and right now still have our number 1 keeper out (and missed the Ox for an entire year) . Right now that luck is running against you, but you can still blow teams away.

If we talk about VAR, and by this I mean only when it is use, then technically you haven't suffered much. The spurs decisions last year and this were both technically correct (even if, like me, you think that it's the rule that is wrong, not the var decision itself), while I could point to 2 separate plenty decisions that have gone against the Reds so far (Newcastle and napoli). I think we are all guilty of only seeing the ones that go against us (and that includes me).

Final point, is Pep the better manager? Well there's a million other arguments about that, the style of play, the resources available.....i'll just stick with thinking they are both great managers, possibly the best 2 in the world at present, and that I wouldn't trade Klopp for anyone right now.

Guess that's enough for a first post
A look at their CV's will tell you who is the best manager,their records in the prem will also tell you who is th best manager,who has back to back titles ,who has won the cups,198pts and smashed every record of the prem and yes you have spent plenty of money
You're welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.