Premier League Games 20/21/22 Sept

I would not be too sure. He could possibly get two seasons but results will be expected along with trophies. The chairman has not get a reputation for long term planning. Leopards and all that...
Yeah you could well be right, history has a habit of repeating itself. Shame if it does though as that’s a match made in heaven if they can get it to work.

That’s entirely up to you.

You’ve no proof for your conspiracy theory but if it allows you to moan about a correct decision in this game and you like moaning then fair enough.
Whilst it is ‘correct’ if it had led to a penalty and not a goal it wouldn’t have been given. It’s telling that the sky presenters have just said that it’s up to the VAR to reset play and decide where one phase starts and another stops. The Liverpool team had an opportunity to clear the ball and didn’t take it and the inference is that one VAR might not go as far back as Marriner did. That can’t be right, can it?

I do think the obvious answer to VAR and offside is that you don’t use any lines drawn on the pitch. If it looks offside to the naked eye, it’s given, if not it isn’t. Spurs 2nd wouldn’t have been disallowed although Chelsea’s still would have been.

The worst was the 2-2 with Spurs.

I didn’t windmill until I watched the replay of the corner to make sure no one was offside. With the replay complete I saw nothing wrong and windmilled. The VAR happemed for the handball.

I upset the cat, dog and wife and strained the main vein for no reason. It was terrible.
That sounds like a messy end to the game. The wife can’t be happy with that.

We are the better side, no question. However, we seem to be continually hampered by injuries to major players. They get through without rotation Scott free. If we could play our best players every game we’d piss everything.

We are the better side and have the better squad but we are prone to stupid days like Norwich more than they are. We did it four times last season, three of those games we were leading and in control. Yes we still won it but this season even this early five points is a good cushion for them. The first season we won it with Pep it was as good as over in November when we beat the rags. If the gap stays at five point until we play them and they win it will be eight points, too far for me. If we beat them of course it's a different story.

Yeah you could well be right, history has a habit of repeating itself. Shame if it does though as that’s a match made in heaven if they can get it to work.

I agree with your sentiments same if Komps came back in the future. Plus agree Lamps has always spoken well of us. Just not in the chairman’s previous character.

The goal phase decision ruling out the Chav equaliser was made by Andre Marriner in Stockley Park

"How far back will VAR be used in a match?

It’s a subjective area but we try to put things in a process. We’ll only go back to the attacking phase immediately before the goal. We don’t look at multiple phases. When the defence gain possession of the ball, that’s an automatic end to a phase. It’s quite subjective but generally, we’re only looking at the immediate phase prior to the goal being scored. The length of an attacking phase changes depending on the team so I can’t really put a time on it. It’s down to the VAR but it’s generally just the attacking phase prior to the goal being scored."

Immediately eh?

The goal phase decision ruling out the Chav equaliser was made by Andre Marriner in Stockley Park

"How far back will VAR be used in a match?

It’s a subjective area but we try to put things in a process. We’ll only go back to the attacking phase immediately before the goal. We don’t look at multiple phases. When the defence gain possession of the ball, that’s an automatic end to a phase. It’s quite subjective but generally, we’re only looking at the immediate phase prior to the goal being scored. The length of an attacking phase changes depending on the team so I can’t really put a time on it. It’s down to the VAR but it’s generally just the attacking phase prior to the goal being scored."

Immediately eh?
Did Liverpool regain possession of the ball? Genuine question.

Also this “It’s down to the VAR but it’s generally just the attacking phase prior to the goal being scored." sounds less definitive than “immediately” so they should really clear it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.