Homework

missing person

Understand reading at home, but can I have someone (preferably from the teaching profession) explain to me why learning Roman numerals is a benefit to children.

How would you know which Super Bowl you were watching if you didn’t know them?

Or, which Apollo space mission?

Or, the time on your classy watch?

Or, what year that TV show was copyrighted?

Or, possibly just become a well-rounded individual with an ability to learn and apply their knowledge to the critical problem solving skills needed to navigate through life?

Learning everything is a benefit to children. It teaches them to learn, it instils discipline and self control. Roman numerals open their mind to other languages and other methods of expression. It's artistic so it inspires study of shape. It's historical and leads to questioning of things past and therefore future. And most importantly algebra.

How would you know which Super Bowl you were watching if you didn’t know them?

Or, which Apollo space mission?

Or, the time on your classy watch?

Or, what year that TV show was copyrighted?

Or, possibly just become a well-rounded individual with an ability to learn and apply their knowledge to the critical problem solving skills needed to navigate through life?

Apollo space missions fair enough,

Rolex watches dont have numerals,

TV shows not interested.

Well rounded individuals we are, learnt French at school that was a waste of time.

Learning everything is a benefit to children. It teaches them to learn, it instils discipline and self control. Roman numerals open their mind to other languages and other methods of expression. It's artistic so it inspires study of shape. It's historical and leads to questioning of things past and therefore future. And most importantly algebra.

Now that's a reply, I'm one of those people who needs to know the ins and outs of everything. I understand broadening their mind, but I'm sat here on a Sunday doing Roman numerals thinking WHY?

I've never used French or numerals in my life

In this day and age what's the point?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.