Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you think Jewish people aren't white. And you completely ignore several thousand years of slavery that didn't happen over the Atlantic which everybody conveniently seems to not give a shit about.

But either way, this isn't the Discrimination Olympics. You started off the thread by calling Bernardo uninformed on racial issues then asked if white people have ever been discriminated against which happened for about 3000 years give or take your definition of "white".

I was also replying to someone referencing the Milky Way kid looking like Kevin. As far as I’m aware, the Milky Way kid hasn’t got connotations of racism. Look up conguitos, you only have to watch that advert posted earlier to know they do.

Weren’t you upset about the term “gammon” previously, suggesting it might be racist?

It was.

This is a joke between mates and until i hear from Mendy telling us how upset he was by it then i will treat it as a private joke between to mates that many feel they have the right to be offended about.

Keep searching my posts though if it fills your afternoon.

It depends on the exact image. A lot of the minstrel characters were designed for humour, but the savage, mandingo & jezebel stereotypes were all deliberately used to spread fear of blacks among white people & dehumanise them

Fair point.

I was also replying to someone referencing the Milky Way kid looking like Kevin. As far as I’m aware, the Milky Way kid hasn’t got connotations of racism. Look up conguitos, you only have to watch that advert posted earlier to know they do.

Sure I've no problem with most of that, it was just the idea that the Atlantic Slave Trade only happened to black people and white people have never been enslaved or genocided that I took umbridge with. White people have been enslaved for as long as white people have existed. Usually by Arabs, Africans, Asians, etc. The slave trade seems to have been co-opted by Black Americans despite it being not really that stand out of an event.

I'll remind you that Manchester only exists because a bunch of foreigners raided our lands and enslaved the populace, selling them into chattel slavery.

If it was a white person being compared to a white cartoon character everybody would be laughing. Similarly if it was a black person posting that about mendy it would be laughed off. There has to be a line where it goes into the realms of racism but there also has to be context behind it.

Bernardo has been a bit of a melon as in this day and age you cant post anything without the politically correct brigade getting on it.
No one batted an eyelid comparing Peter Reid with a chimpanzee. And that's because he looked like a chimpanzee!

It was.

This is a joke between mates and until i hear from Mendy telling us how upset he was by it then i will treat it as a private joke between to mates that many feel they have the right to be offended about.

Keep searching my posts though if it fills your afternoon.
I didn’t search your posts. I remember you having a meltdown about the term “gammon” being used in the political threads at the time - threads I don’t participate in btw.
You seemed very upset about it, and didn’t sound like you were on the “common sense side” of that debate so I was simply pointing out something I had remembered as I found it laughable at the time and your stance is the polar opposite today weirdly?
From memory I think it was around the time you stopped being a moderator?

Not to the same extent though(that doesn’t make it better). I don’t hear of white footballers being racially abused simply for the colour of their skin either.

I'd hazard a guess that you're not a City fan but just a troll from the dipper or rag persuasion trying to stir up shit against Bernardo with your fake and uninformed outrage

The problem with gammon isn't the fact it is a racist term that is being used, it is the hypocrisy around the fact that it's ok to use a racist term if it targets white people.
I’m not talking about the term gammon per se and I take your points about it on board totally, I was pointing out differing stances/responses from a poster who I remember getting rather upset about something he perceived as racism.

I'd hazard a guess that you're not a City fan but just a troll from the dipper or rag persuasion trying to stir up shit against Bernardo with your fake and uninformed outrage

I posted one thing on it and people replied to that so I replied back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.