Homework

Dont know but that poster in airplane is funny
:-)

airplane-2-rocky-38.jpg.cf.jpg

(38 if you must know)

Now that's a reply, I'm one of those people who needs to know the ins and outs of everything. I understand broadening their mind, but I'm sat here on a Sunday doing Roman numerals thinking WHY?

I've never used French or numerals in my life

In this day and age what's the point?
If you want to know the ins and outs of everything, then why are you questioning why the teacher is wanting your child to know the ins and outs of something?

Plus it's part of the National Curriculum, so it's the law.

Year 4 programme of study
Number - number and place value
Pupils should be taught to:

• count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25 and 1,000
  • find 1,000 more or less than a given number
  • count backwards through 0 to include negative numbers
  • recognise the place value of each digit in a four-digit number (1,000s, 100s, 10s, and 1s)
  • order and compare numbers beyond 1,000
  • identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
  • round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1,000
  • solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above and with increasingly large positive numbers
  • read Roman numerals to 100 (I to C) and know that over time, the numeral system changed to include the concept of 0 and place value

If you want to know the ins and outs of everything, then why are you questioning why the teacher is wanting your child to know the ins and outs of something?

Plus it's part of the National Curriculum, so it's the law.

Year 4 programme of study
Number - number and place value
Pupils should be taught to:

• count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25 and 1,000
  • find 1,000 more or less than a given number
  • count backwards through 0 to include negative numbers
  • recognise the place value of each digit in a four-digit number (1,000s, 100s, 10s, and 1s)
  • order and compare numbers beyond 1,000
  • identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
  • round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1,000
  • solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above and with increasingly large positive numbers
  • read Roman numerals to 100 (I to C) and know that over time, the numeral system changed to include the concept of 0 and
What's the point

Understand reading at home, but can I have someone (preferably from the teaching profession) explain to me why learning Roman numerals is a benefit to children.
Roman numerals are part of the National Curriculum as of 2014 thanks to Michael Gove.

We flex in different ways, moving on the discussion could be to say the curriculum is outdated.

Some of the smartest people I know did terrible in school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.