Homework

Now that's a reply, I'm one of those people who needs to know the ins and outs of everything. I understand broadening their mind, but I'm sat here on a Sunday doing Roman numerals thinking WHY?

I've never used French or numerals in my life

In this day and age what's the point?

Maybe your kids won’t live such sad insular lives as you have.

How would you know which Super Bowl you were watching if you didn’t know them?

Or, which Apollo space mission?

Or, the time on your classy watch?

Or, what year that TV show was copyrighted?

Or, possibly just become a well-rounded individual with an ability to learn and apply their knowledge to the critical problem solving skills needed to navigate through life?
Not to mention the Super Bowl.

Why are internet forums a haven for clowns,
We bring our kids up the right way and both are very intelligent unlike dbheel.

Good, they will hopefully get to use their French then.

And numerals to count with.

In the meantime you might like to reconsider how stupid your “I never used French or numerals in my life” rant looks.

In the meantime you might like to reconsider how stupid your “I never used French or numerals in my life” rant looks.

Wasn't a rant, I get by with Spanish.

And numerals to count with.

Ha ha all u need to know is I wont loose sleep about this maybe u will.

There's a difference between the use of something and the value of something. Lots of things that are valuable, worth knowing for their own sake, aren't necessarily "useful." Such as Roman numerals, Latin, the names of the moons of Mars, or why Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden took part in the Thirty Years War.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.