City no longer have a "travel partner" Thomas Cook has gone.

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
Thomas Cook collapses, as has looked likely for a few days.

I wonder what the club will do about our european games ? If I was waiting for TC to announce anything, you'd better get on booking independently.

Obviously very bad news for their staff, and anyone who had a holiday or travel booked with them.

you guys are traveling as any nation in the world, yet your airline/travel companies go bust too often. City will deal with it, but shame about people who are now on holidays or paid for it in the future.

200 000 people currently abroad with them. Jeez, we don't have that many travelers in a year :D Some shit management to destroy company with so many customers.

Last edited:
you guys are traveling as any nation in the world, yet your airline/travel companies go bust too often. City will deal with it, but shame about people who are now on holidays or paid for it in the future.

200 000 people currently abroad with them. Jeez, we don't have that many travelers in a year :D Some shit management to destroy company with so many customers.

It's a national disgrace mate. Maybe the company just couldn't adapt to new travelling trends. Too historical to make the change. But even if true, that is what the big bosses get paid a lot of money to sort out.

On a plus note, my mother in law was supposed to be flying out to see me and the wife on friday, but that's been put back to Sunday now. Small victories and silver linings, eh? ;)

Just at manchester airport and it is a lot quieter than usual and the display board is showing 8/9 cancelled flights. I am not affected fortunately but feel for those who have grafted all year to go on holiday and it has been taken away from them.

Bollocks! Booked for Vegas with my mates in April. Flights only so not covered by ATOL. We did book via a credit card so should get our money back at some point.
The main trouble is getting another flight. I'd imagine all the other airlines will be doubling their prices...

Last edited:
I read earlier this year the airline is profitable but the holiday business has dragged the company down. Hopefully someone steps in. I went to Vegas a couple of years ago with TC on a converted military plane, the Air Tanker, non stop about 12 hours, plenty of leg room and brilliant service, such a shame for the staff and of course those who will miss their flights/holidays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.