30 years and it's still 5-1

They did, I’ve got the paper still. I’ll dig it out later and write the gist of what was said.
I stand corrected. I do recall the mention of all their new signings on MOTD but can’t remember graphics and figures being bandied about.

I was at that game in the north stand, travelled up from Dover for it as I was living down there then. Ferguson had been there about three years and had spent big to try and win the league which they hadn't for over twenty years. Nobody gave us much chance but we went into it as we did most games in those days, as the song says not giving a f****. It was a derby, time to give the rags some stick and a punch up. We had nothing to lose so no real pressure on us except obviously not wanting to lose the derby for local pride.

The rest is history, absolutely smashed them, David Oldfield, remember him, scoring twice. Great day and trust me the rags wanted Ferguson out after that no matter what they say now.

I was at that game in the north stand, travelled up from Dover for it as I was living down there then. Ferguson had been there about three years and had spent big to try and win the league which they hadn't for over twenty years. Nobody gave us much chance but we went into it as we did most games in those days, as the song says not giving a f****. It was a derby, time to give the rags some stick and a punch up. We had nothing to lose so no real pressure on us except obviously not wanting to lose the derby for local pride.

The rest is history, absolutely smashed them, David Oldfield, remember him, scoring twice. Great day and trust me the rags wanted Ferguson out after that no matter what they say now.
They did indeed he was hanging by a thread until the fa cup win ( and mark robins saving his bacon with a late goal in one of the earlier rounds)..

I was in the North Stand block S, just behind where all the rag muppets had got in with forged tickets. Had a great view of the rags new, expensive centre back (£2.3m - record UK fee for a defender, nothing changes!) Gary Pallister left on his arse as David Oldfield scored the opening goal.

What's the time?
Five past Leighton.
I got tired of saying this After about 200 times.......

There is a great photo here but I don't know how to copy it if someone can do it for me
https://mobile.twitter.com/DarbyshireDebs
Thanks
This one from CEEFAX?

EFIbS2lXoAEqV8S

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.