30 years and it's still 5-1

This one from CEEFAX?

EFIbS2lXoAEqV8S
Thank you

I have the Ron Kirwin framed print "And then it was 5" hanging above our utility room bog. Each time I visit it reminds me of that day when our young lads pissed all over them.

Top day , a great walk back into town, a great journey back to Guide Bridge, a fantastic entrance into our local and an unbelievable night capped off by watching a recording of match of the day about 4 in the morning after the thunderdome with about 20 of us blue and red

No, certainly not in the UK anyway.

I recall watching the goals on TV (in Ireland), may have been highlights. I was 10 years old and recall my Grandad telling me about Bert Trautmann when he saw that I liked City, I remember thinking that settles it for me this is the team I would follow. Plastic gloryhunter ever since.

I was at that game in the north stand, travelled up from Dover for it as I was living down there then. Ferguson had been there about three years and had spent big to try and win the league which they hadn't for over twenty years. Nobody gave us much chance but we went into it as we did most games in those days, as the song says not giving a f****. It was a derby, time to give the rags some stick and a punch up. We had nothing to lose so no real pressure on us except obviously not wanting to lose the derby for local pride.

The rest is history, absolutely smashed them, David Oldfield, remember him, scoring twice. Great day and trust me the rags wanted Ferguson out after that no matter what they say now.
Yeah, remember there was a bit of trouble in the north stand and they had to take the players off the pitch while they marched the rag fans down to the other end. Best football day of my life by a mile till 9320.

the week before the game was a very difficult time for me personally and i was very down picked my parents up from holiday the morning of the game and didnt feel like going to the game, i was so glad i did all my troubles seem to vanish on cloud nine for weeks, for some reason i cant seem to remember we where in the main stand sat behind janice ( some will know who i mean ) even in there the atmosphere was amazing, what a day, will never forget it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.