Preston (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it'll be as straightforward as some might think. We're clearly going to play mostly a second string and Preston have had a good run of form recently. We should have enough class to do it but it wouldn't be a total shock if we get knocked out. If that happened it might be a blessing in disguise.

I don't think it'll be as straightforward as some might think. We're clearly going to play mostly a second string and Preston have had a good run of form recently. We should have enough class to do it but it wouldn't be a total shock if we get knocked out. If that happened it might be a blessing in disguise.

It's only useful for playing kids and to build match fitness in to fringe senior players. No point playing a strong team just to get through. A couple of 1st teamers a, couple of kids and fill in the rest from the squad. If we go out we go out.

I would be very surprised if we win by more than two goals. My prediction is that we go out either this round or the next but win the Chumps League instead.

It's only useful for playing kids and to build match fitness in to fringe senior players. No point playing a strong team just to get through. A couple of 1st teamers a, couple of kids and fill in the rest from the squad. If we go out we go out.
Yeah but if we did get knocked out,would the media consider it a crisis..

Was just thinking that in a different lifetime I'd have been going to this on the way home from a day at Blackpool, or else watching the match then carrying on to the Illuminations. (Not what they used to be, I hear.)

Yeah but if we did get knocked out,would the media consider it a crisis..

It will be forgotten in a few days.

Keep getting through though and we have a massive fixture build up in the new year when you have to play home and away mid weak semi's then a final on a PL fixture weekend all with CL knockout games at the same time.

If you're not going to win it then 2 rounds to give the kids a game then go out is ideal, going out first round is not the best option but its not the worst either.

Got to be kids only this year in any round, with the exception of any 1st team squad players who need some minutes for fitness/form.

It will be forgotten in a few days.

Keep getting through though and we have a massive fixture build up in the new year when you have to play home and away mid weak semi's then a final on a PL fixture weekend all with CL knockout games at the same time.

If you're not going to win it then 2 rounds to give the kids a game then go out is ideal, going out first round is not the best option but its not the worst either.
Agreed. Ideally we win this but lose on pens at somewhere like Everton in the next round. Another fixture would be beneficial for the fringe players. Its the one in December leading up to the Xmas pile up that is a step too far when we’ve got injury problems and chasing a pl/cl double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.