Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but if someone posts a picture of a white ginger person and a ginger cartoon people wouldn’t bat and eyelid , but they take offence to this !

Can’t have it both ways

So if a person of not the same colour as me sends me a picture of a cartoon character that looks abit like me that is deemed racist.
But if a person of the same colour as me sends me the same picture it's not racist.

This, you have to be thinking of a racial aspect to think anything other. This is a cartoon character looks a bit like my mate so ill send him a pic. The race aspect does not enter your mind.

Is there really. My recollection years ago was the Black and White Minstrel Show. Normal people at the time didn't think it was demeaning it was just entertainment. Incidentally when I was a boy we had a black cat called ******. It wasn't unusual in those days. How do you like that.

It was racist then and it’s racist now.

People weren’t as well educated about such issues as they are now.

So am I ,,, but what I’m saying is people would not even see it as an issue as it’s a white Caucasian ginger !

It’s ok to do it to gingers but not to black/ethnic origin !

Bullshit

Think you know your mates a little better, and know if they would laugh or take offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.