My lad wants to pack Junior Football up

henrythedogcity

He's been playing since he was six Thirteen now and it's a bloody pain in the arse getting him to training on a Monday night.
Only problem is I'm assistant manager I'm not sure what to do force him to go or jack it in.

HELP

why do you make he do it if he doesn't like it ? let him stop, he may miss it and decide to take it up again, the more you force him the more he will resist, he's a teenager and just cant be arsed, but he will miss his mates and having a laugh ,is he not very good ?are you a little bit harder on him because he's your son, have you actually spoken to him and ask whats it all about

Let him stop. Important you ask what he wants to do though. If there’s something else, whatever it is sporty, musical, arty etc then encourage him. The only thing I would say is at 13 they sometimes think spending their entire time gaming in the bedroom is an option. In that instance make him carry on.

Just my opinion.

My Lad walked out on city a couple of years ago aged 15.
Been at various clubs since he was 8 as a keeper and outfielder.
Just wasn't his thing. They've got to eat, breath and sleep it.
Ironically he's asked to play this season after not playing or training for 2 years.
Joined Hale United, his ability still stands out like a sore thumb. This last weekend, the opponents manager and a number of his players asked him to join their team after his second half display.
Kids can have all the talent in the world, but if they don't want it, and have little commitment to it, you can't and shouldn't force them.

Trying to force him to continue will only build resentment of you , dislike for the game and will be ultimately futile.

my lad packed up when he was about 14, just fell out of love with the game, to many pushy adults ruining it for the kids. in his last game the league brought in new rules to make the look like mini premiership players. Under garments had to be the same colour of the kit, the tape for shin pads had to be the same colour of the socks etc etc . The ref turned up in a Liverpool shirt and combat shorts ( honestly not making this up ). With 2 minutes to go and losing 5-nil the ref gave a penalty as my son. both sits of parents said it wasn't a penalty my son took his shirt of (he had his City shirt underneath his shirt). My son just said 'same old scousers always cheating'. He is now 23 and has never played again.
I have never forced him to play

Tell him to jack it in.
Football has its benefits but there’s far better things he can do - I played up to I was 32 and last 5/6 years was miserable - wish I took up running years ago instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.