Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benny and Mbob liked the post because it was banter between good mates,it is not racist if the people involved are not offended,it's a nothing story,he plays in blue that's why it's being highlighted

If it was just “banter” (cringe) between good mates then why involve the rest of us? Why not send a private What’s App, mms etc etc?

Benny and Mbob liked the post because it was banter between good mates,it is not racist if the people involved are not offended,it's a nothing story,he plays in blue that's why it's being highlighted
But it wasn’t just between two good mates... he involved the world, many of which would have been offended. So it was offensive and racist. Hence deleted. I love Bernardo, but arguing “you can’t have a joke between mates these days” is fucking dumb. He put it on twitter. If he wants to joke between mates, just WhatsApp him like a normal person.

He is not racist unlike captain leader legend
It's a joke between mates nothing more ad no fucker elses business

The problem is that as soon as he posts it on a public forum it IS everyone else's business because so long as someone follows him, Mendy or anyone who follows those two they see it. There are plenty out there just waiting for the opportunity to report anything slightly dodgy looking.

If it was just “banter” (cringe) between good mates then why involve the rest of us? Why not send a private What’s App, mms etc etc?
Because he never thought for a moment people would be offended,like it or not this is how the kids talk to each other,FOC's like me don't really get twitter but that is how everyone communicates

He is not racist unlike captain leader legend
It's a joke between mates nothing more ad no fucker elses business

Nobody has said he is racist. At least I haven't, so I'm not sure what your response has to do with anything I said.

Meanwhile, a Dover Athletic player suffered proper racist abuse at Hartlepool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49787986

Now that IS disgusting.
From THAT report, I have absolutely NO IDEA if I am to be offended or not, because all that is said is that he got “racially abused” after scoring a penalty and a fan ran on the pitch towards the ref!????

Did they remove the racially offensive part? Did they throw bananas? Call him the N word! Monkey chants! What???

Have we become SO sensitive that reading “Joe was racially abused” that we are disgusted by the mere words “racially abused” now? If so, I’m more than a little saddened, because I am being asked to simply accept the author’s determination of what is and isn’t completely offensive. I’m not going to do it.

I’m absolutely certain it must have been a significant thing, as the article goes on to say the managers discussed removing the players, but FOR WHAT I have no idea.

From THAT report, I have absolutely NO IDEA if I am to be offended or not, because all that is said is that he got “racially abused” after scoring a penalty and a fan ran on the pitch towards the ref!????

Did they remove the racially offensive part? Did they throw bananas? Call him the N word! Monkey chants! What???

Have we become SO sensitive that reading “Joe was racially abused” that we are disgusted by the mere words “racially abused” now? If so, I’m more than a little saddened, because I am being asked to simply accept the author’s determination of what is and isn’t completely offensive. I’m not going to do it.

I’m absolutely certain it must have been a significant thing, as the article goes on to say the managers discussed removing the players, but FOR WHAT I have no idea.

I don’t have the full details but heard the lad being interviewed. He said he had witnessed racism before but nothing like that. Also said he had been close to tears. That’s sufficient for me.

I don’t think you’ll upset anybody and agree it is poor. That said City fans will get naturally defensive as any clamour for sanctions are rightly going to be compared to Suarez and Dippers. I’m sure our club has more sense than to have compulsory training tops bearing Silva’s image and name.

Silva should be sent on an education course. End of story. It’s the double standard clamour for huge sanctions from clubs and fans in glass houses that’ll wind us up.

I understand that perspective, and I'm certainly not lambasting any City fans leaping to his defence against over the top calls for punishments and such, but equally I think it's important to separate the actions in question from the football player and the club he plays for. I don't think we can just call it banter between friends when he's posted it publicly for millions to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.