Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, explain instead of one wording it ?
No pal why don’t you explain what is and isn’t a racist incident
I’m fully aware and don’t need to educate myself around the subject
I love Bernardo and the club but last week we had our own fans abusing our own players this for me is Ill advised and creates unnecessary negative media
I will help you it doesn’t necessarily matter what Mendy thinks about the tweet

No pal why don’t you explain what is and isn’t a racist incident
I’m fully aware and don’t need to educate myself around the subject
I love Bernardo and the club but last week we had our own fans abusing our own players this for me is Ill advised and creates unnecessary negative media
I will help you it doesn’t necessarily matter what Mendy thinks about the tweet
So you see this as a racist incident ? If Bernardo had posted the two images i did you think kick it out would give a fuck ?

Bit confused here. Is it acceptable to post it or not (whether it's on Twitter, WhatsApp or any other social media app)?

No it's not acceptable. If however it was a private message then only Mendy would know and could be offended. It isn't funny, it's like posting a golliwog next to a black person and tagging them in or mentioning their name. I love Bernardo but he needs some serious education.

Give me a fucking break, if it was a Liverpool or united player and it was between two friends and I understood context, then I would be saying the same god damned thing. I fucking hate outrage culture, where one mistake can ruin you. Was this a dumb tweet, yes, was it racist, lol, no. Mendy isn’t taking any offense to it, he apologized, end of story. I’m Hispanic and I have friends of every race and none of are in any way racist, but we make stereotypical racially insensitive jokes to each, but we know they are jokes and we laugh our behinds off at them. Silva should not have posted this on SM in today’s pussy culture climate, but it’s really much to do about nothing.

Sure, compared to the rest of Western Europe they are a bit culturally different when it comes to this kind of racism, as I wrote, it's not a big deal over there. I personally think that's fucked up, but thats my opinion.
I was merely making a point, not personally attacking you. ;-)

Has anyone explained why it’s racist yet?
So you see this as a racist incident ? If Bernardo had posted the two images i did you think kick it out would give a fuck ?

I didn’t say I personally perceive it as a racist incident.I stated that I believe that Bernardo made an ill advised public comment .
Ive met him and he a lovely humble guy I do not believe him to be racist in anyway .
However it doesn’t matter what I think or for that matter kick it out it’s ultimately what the law states.This could be perceived as a racist incident.
it is however clearly at the lower end of the scale .
These guys are professionals and represent a club that is multi national,why not keep it private and save the negativity that it attracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.