30 years and it's still 5-1

The biggest bear pit I was ever in - crowd was still in turmoil after the first went in and the surge when Lakey shot followed by Tricky Trev toe bunging it in was nuts...the good old days!

Watch carefully the TV footage after the second goes in - some fella behind the goal sat on the touchline on some sort of seat with his kid - assume something to do with the preceding trouble - watch his celebration - glorious joy!!!

A great day and our 1st choice keeper (Dibble), striker (Allen) and main midfielder (McNab, although not for much longer) were all missing....."as good a goal as Jim Leighton's ever seen or been beaten by"

What a day it was. It was my 23rd birthday and that night, I met my future wife and were still together now 30 years on. Only downside was she supported United then.

I was 7 dad wouldn't let me go because of trouble, I remember my grandad shouting me saying it was 5 I ran In and noticed United had scored I began to cry my grandad was jumping everywhere he couldn't believe it. Think my first game was this season Bournemouth think it ended 3 all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.