Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the cultural appropriation of language? ;-)

See how ridiculous it has become?! In America, CORN ROWS on a white person is seen as “cultural appropriation,” as are many other things. I’m confused! Do I “stay in my lane” or do I “broaden my mind and my horizons” by accepting and embracing the multiculturalism that is America???
Sure, but this is a different ballgame, they still throw bananas and make monkey sounds at black players in Spain.

However you have managed to ignore the history of suppression of all peoples to concentrate on just one group.
I concentrated on one group to provide context (at the poster’s request) not an all encompassing history lesson. That is not ignorance.

I concentrated on one group to provide context (at the poster’s request) not an all encompassing history lesson. That is not ignorance.
I didn’t post that you were ignorant, but the prevailing zeitgeist ignores the prejudice throughout history except for those who can control the current ‘history’

Ffs does anybody really think Bernardo meant that as a racist attack against one of his best mates??
It would only offend anyone looking for an excuse to be offended.
I am sure Bernardo regrets it in hindsight but honestly I am certain it was not his intention to cause any upset. It would be suicidal for him to have done so. He is not that kind of guy....

I didn’t post that you were ignorant, but the prevailing zeitgeist ignores the prejudice throughout history except for those who can control the current ‘history’
So I am not ignorant, I am just following modern ideas. I like to think that I am big enough to think for myself but obviously you know me better.

Ffs does anybody really think Bernardo meant that as a racist attack against one of his best mates??
It would only offend anyone looking for an excuse to be offended.
I am sure Bernardo regrets it in hindsight but honestly I am certain it was not his intention to cause any upset. It would be suicidal for him to have done so. He is not that kind of guy....
I think most people think he made a mistake, but a growth man should be accountable for his mistakes, that way he learns to not make so many in future.

So I am not ignorant, I am just following modern ideas. I like to think that am big enough to think for myself but obviously you know me better.
Why are you attempting to make things ‘personal’ whilst I’m trying to be objective?
Is that the modern way? To making everything about yourself so that you can speak from ‘experience/need’.
Perhaps going out into the world might help you broaden your horizons and to see the world from a wider perspective.

Yep he made a stupid mistake with a stupid post on Twitter, the three match ban brigade were out in force on There mainly from other clubs but more bizarrely some were our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.