FIFA Best Player Awards 2019

At the end of the day, it's a glorified popularity contest. Can't see why it would mean anything to the fans. I mean, would I go out and celebrate if City won a trophy? Of course. Would I go out and celebrate if Pep had won the FIFA manager of the year award? Obviously not. Pep doesn't seem like the sort of guy to get hung up about this sort of thing either. The only player I feel sorry for is Bernardo, because he definitely should of been in that team. Other than that, I couldn't care less.

Is it a concern that players will think that in order to achieve recognition they will need to move away or not join us?

Klopp would still win coach of the year if we won CL and they won PL.

Well that is clearly biased and devalued.

Fucking laughable that Klopp gets the manager award ahead of Pep, who has not only revolutionised football but won three major trophies last season, including beating Klopp's media darlings to the title. Not to mention 198 points in two seasons.

The whole award is a fucking joke.

Remember though, Klopp did it with no money and Pep had better players at his disposal. That's why so many of our players are in the world XI.

Absolute farce that ramos, hazard, mbappe, marcelo and modric get more recognition than what our players achieved last season...and somehow for as good a manager he may be klopp lost games on the way to winning the CL and then both teams stank the stadium out in the final, and has failed domestically since he has been there

The only positive i will take is that this will bump up klopps stock and one if the big clubs will come calling soon enough and maybe the german national team....

I'm bamboozled as to how De Jong and De Ligt got in. Crackin' players, yes, but inclusion because of winning an inferior domestic league as well as four good games in the Champions League yet only reached the semis?

Harry Kane - a couple of good games in the Champions League?

I'm seeing a recurring theme here...

Is it a concern that players will think that in order to achieve recognition they will need to move away or not join us?

Klopp would still win coach of the year if we won CL and they won PL.
Good point. I'm sure that it would be a factor if say Real Madrid came calling. Performance can be similar but recognised more for some reason by your peers. We are a victim of the current "oil money cheat" narrative so popular with our rivals in Europe and pushed by the press. Doesn't make us popular. The old guard all look at the same historical clubs to find the best players. I think it's changing as young players grow up with our success. You hear a lot of European talents mention City as a team they would love to play for.

What I can't understand is how Leo gets ahead of the best Dutchman (after Bergkamp, Bosvelt, Overmars, Wiekens) the PL has ever seen? There is clearly something up with the voting. I suspect there are a few polling boxes stuffed with uncounted Virgil votes that are locked away in Switzerland, waiting for the FBI to stumble across them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.