Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bernardo has been brought up eating chocolate with a pic of a brown baby on the wrapper and a white baby on the wrapper, he associates that picture with chocolate not racism ,mendy posts a pic of him as a baby ,bernardo sees a little brown chubby boy and adds a pic of the chocolate boy, no malice ,no undercurrent or slyness ,just a picture or cartoon of a chubby brown baby ,it is not racist ,until the offended try to make it racist.

how do the people saying it is racist judge this,and this has happened

kev being subbed replaced with zinc, raheem tweets I see no difference

imagine Delph being subbed on for ferna and kev tweeting I see no difference

All them million's of poor kid's let down by bernardo, he needs educating say's kick it out, who the fuck are they to say people need educating. Are THEY not being discriminative, are the calling bernardo dumb ?

bernardo has been brought up eating chocolate with a pic of a brown baby on the wrapper and a white baby on the wrapper, he associates that picture with chocolate not racism ,mendy posts a pic of him as a baby ,bernardo sees a little brown chubby boy and adds a pic of the chocolate boy, no malice ,no undercurrent or slyness ,just a picture or cartoon of a chubby brown baby ,it is not racist ,until the offended try to make it racist.

how do the people saying it is racist judge this,and this has happened

kev being subbed replaced with zinc, raheem tweets I see no difference

imagine Delph being subbed on for ferna and kev tweeting I see no difference

The Conguitos character is no different to Golliwogs over here, he should have known better and it was a hugely ignorant tweet. I don't think many were personally offended but you have to be called out and educated on shit like that. We all know it was a joke and he meant no harm.

You're not but we've already had people explaining to us why blackface isn't offensive and how household pets used to be named after racial slurs. It's been one of those threads.
All we need now is someone claiming they know X number of minorities in question who are totally not offended by whatever we're talking about. Then we can really get into it.

The Conguitos character is no different to Golliwogs over here, he should have known better and it was a hugely ignorant tweet. I don't think many were personally offended but you have to be called out and educated on shit like that. We all know it was a joke and he meant no harm.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

It's an incredibly naïve thing to do. Bernardo knows he's in the public eye, he knows our rivals will try anything to gain the advantage over us. Why give them an opportunity?

The little Conguitos character really does have a striking similarity to a Golliwog. I'm surprised it hasn't been placed under more scrutiny.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

It's an incredibly naïve thing to do. Bernardo knows he's in the public eye, he knows our rivals will try anything to gain the advantage over us. Why give them an opportunity?

The little Conguitos character really does have a striking similarity to a Golliwog. I'm surprised it hasn't been placed under more scrutiny.
Well to be fair, you wouldn't get away with selling things with that on the packet in the UK nowadays, but Spain and Portugal obviously have different standards. Let's be honest, Spain is the country where people celebrated Obama's presidency by blacking up ffs.

ignorant to the fucking snowflake community, as for education really, I'm sure he's learnt a valuable lesson, Twitter is full of fuckwits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.