Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that you've brought up European Colonialism, Apartheid, American Civil rights, Minstrels etc, I'm surprised you didn't mention something so relevant and recent sooner.
What is it you are trying to achieve? We are all aware of, and condemn racial injustices, but this tweet and the discussion around it do not require a dissertation of historical shaming and if anything you are having the opposite effect on what are no doubt your intentions.

*Literally in response to someone saying that the world was better in the 1960s.

how do the people saying it is racist judge this,and this has happened

kev being subbed replaced with zinc, raheem tweets I see no difference

imagine Delph being subbed on for ferna and kev tweeting I see no difference

posted it early , got no response from the offended community
You are right. White people have the right to be offended if Raheem tweets De bruyne and Zinchenko looks the same. However, it seems that people here are getting offended at people who have been offended by the Silva's tweet.
Also, black people have been on the wrong end of racism for a long time and hence any news concerning them get a lot more publicity, rightly or wrongly.
Same things are being told when Black Lives Matters groups protest and then the All Lives Matters brigade come out saying whites should be treated the same way. The problem is the BLM group started for a reason and that's because of a lot of police shootings in America involves Black People. No one has ever said white people are not shot but you can clearly see there is a racial bias and black people have been the victims of it for quite a long time and still are.

I hate the way the world is now where people get outraged by anything, surely the biggest snowflake out there knows Bernardo isn’t a bad person or a racist, racist people’s best friends aren’t usually black.
Unfortunately what’s caused all this offended generation has come from our ancestors being evil vicious sick bastards and if the only effect their behaviour has had on my life is to make me roll my eyes when snowflakes get offended over nothing then I’ve not done bad
Silva though does not deserve any sort of punishment or attacks over this

There
Do you know the history of that mascot? Of minstrel shows? Of black caricatures?

funnily enough my local is called the blacks head, A caricature adorns the main bar. at about 6 foot by four foot. I have been going there for at least 20 years. the clientele are quite mixed. I have never heard a racist comment in there. The pub is 200 years old at least, i wonder how long before the name needs to changed, it will be construed as racist by some , and certainly will offend those that are easily offended. I wonder if all of those who use the pub are in some way tainted, when i say "see you in the blacks at 7".

Dont know if its already been said, probably has, but was our TinTin banner for KdB racist aswell? If not, whats the difference?

Dont know if its already been said, probably has, but was our TinTin banner for KdB racist aswell? If not, whats the difference?

Might be something to do with the fact that black people were enslaved and oppressed for centuries because of the way they look while white people occasionally get teased for being a bit pale.

No fucking shit. That's why the Conguito's mascot is racist.

And if you think people wanting to educate others how using old racial stereotypes or comparing your friend to a racist cartoon simply because he's black is potentially offensive is the equivalent to 1984 then you've probably not read the book.
I'm afraid your wrong (he didn't use an old racial steriotype which will become apparent if you read the link in full)) and your argument is not based on fact but a perception which perfectly illustrates the point I was making with regard to the analogy I used with the "thought police". I strongly recommend you read the following (it's a long read but you obviously feel strongly about this so may wish to learn more of what Bernardo may have been thinking when he wrote his tweet.

"The Evolution of Conguitos: Changing the Face of Race in Spanish Advertising" a paper by Diane Q Palardy published in 2014 in the Journal: TRANSMODERNITY: Journal of Peripheral Cultural Production of the Luso-Hispanic World https://escholarship.org/content/qt...5oy&nosplash=7f6b9469bba6f7b20680cef253712e79

I think that when we start thought-policing people and idea-policing people, then that's crossing a line. And I think, you know, everybody's so afraid of this imaginary line of thought police that they forget their own personal safety.

Ashton Kutcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.