Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

CB8-AD00-A-25-D6-48-BA-9-B9-D-55195-CD71767.jpg
I find it astonishing that 11 years since we were taken over by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan, someone who has a decent property development portfolio, that there is that huge site of wasted land [and a missed opportunity to make money] still there at the Etihad.

That's cos you think everyone lives in town.

Try driving homes 135 miles afrer a night game. No way would you wait till the end.
The further away people live the less difference it makes, my journey is 3 1/2 - 4 hours so leaving early makes hardly any difference, well I guess it wouldn't never done it. The majority of those I see coming in late and leaving early are S/C holders that I assume mainly live local. I know this because when they leave early they have to stand up say goodbye to all their mates getting in the way of the rest of us.

I find it astonishing that 11 years since we were taken over by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan, someone who has a decent property development portfolio, that there is that huge site of wasted land [and a missed opportunity to make money] still there at the Etihad.

Agreed.

Like everyone else I’ve lost count of the council reports and updates on the proposed Etihad Campus. Still nothing, just rumours.

The whole site could have been tarmacked, opened up, and huge beer tents like Octoberfest in Munich could have been erected, so fans could have drunk beer inside them. Instead we’ve muddled along with an outdoors City Square, with fans standing in the cold and rain during most of the season, and a small, limited Capacity, Sumerbee’s bar. Once the tents were put up, they could have stayed up until development begins. Think of the income. PL matches, CL matches, concerts, etc. Instead we’ve still got wasteland and a car park.

The further away people live the less difference it makes, my journey is 3 1/2 - 4 hours so leaving early makes hardly any difference, well I guess it wouldn't never done it. The majority of those I see coming in late and leaving early are S/C holders that I assume mainly live local. I know this because when they leave early they have to stand up say goodbye to all their mates getting in the way of the rest of us.
True this. My journey is 340 miles and I want to live every second so always stay to the bitter end. I dread to think how many would be left in the ground at 90 mins if we were still shit.

Agreed.

Like everyone else I’ve lost count of the council reports and updates on the proposed Etihad Campus. Still nothing, just rumours.

The whole site could have been tarmacked, opened up, and huge beer tents like Octoberfest in Munich could have been erected, so fans could have drunk beer inside them. Instead we’ve muddled along with an outdoors City Square, with fans standing in the cold and rain during most of the season, and a small, limited Capacity, Sumerbee’s bar. Once the tents were put up, they could have stayed up until development begins. Think of the income. PL matches, CL matches, concerts, etc. Instead we’ve still got wasteland and a car park.
We could easily have a couple of box parks like the one at Wembley. I went there for the first time for the Comm Shield. It had German beer, fast service, and street food at reasonable prices. This could be a big earner for City especially at night matches. I think we have missed a trick in recent years.

I agree NASA put men in the moon in this timeframe. Can’t understand why we haven’t delivered anything - it’s a blank canvas. Can only speculate that things have fallen through or plans changed for their to be no activity at all.

We could easily have a couple of box parks like the one at Wembley. I went there for the first time for the Comm Shield. It had German beer, fast service, and street food at reasonable prices. This could be a big earner for City especially at night matches. I think we have missed a trick in recent years.

We have.

It’s quite astonishing really that the land has in essence been left to rot, with little on no practical use, bar a car park on matchdays.

Look at the city centre, there are so many temporary and exciting leisure proposals and destinations popping up and flourishing.

We have 10,000’s of fans rushing home or back to the city centre after the match to get a drink and some food, who could have easily been tempted to stay around the Etihad for a couple of hours or the for the whole evening, if they had somewhere warm, dry, covered to go, and where they could buy drink, food, and listen to music.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.