Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

A very assured debut, if he was named in the 11 at Everton I wouldn't be worried, he won't be, he'll back with the EDS I expect, but tonight shows if we do need him we have nothing to worry about.

I hope Pep nurtures the lad, he's perfect for Pep's system.

We don't need to sign another centre half with him and Garcia about
Defensively, I don't think we need reinforcements for atleast 5 years.

So many of our defenders are young enough, and with academy players knocking about like this, we are set.

I hope Pep will give the youth a chance in the FA Cup as well.

Taylor & Garcia could save the club from spending +50m on another CB.

This thread terrifies me.

We played a bunch of nobodies last night and we did it with a great team in front of the two CB's. Any educated football fan who watched last year know the strength of Angelino and Cancelo. So the two lads were really the only risk there, aside from the major risk of so many playing who don't normally play together.

Even before last night people were rushing to say "next Harry Maguire" or similar nonsense.

Both of the lads look fantastic so far...BUT...

We are screwed at CB and people are hyping these two.

People saying they should play against Everton(a team we never do great against, even though we win a lot it's never easy) need their heads examined.

And if we get to a game where we do start one of the pair, they may well get crucified.

It's a double edge sword for this pair. They may get an opportunity but it probably is a year too soon for them.

My fear is people hyping them so if they do falter the judgements will come far too quickly and harshly.

These kids are going to make mistakes. Playing them may even cost us a title or trophy. But we need to temper the expectations in the hope that they continue to develop as they have.

For me I'd like to see them given some chances, especially if we go 3-0 up in games, but our fans really need to dial down the hype for the sake of the two lads.

All in good time fellas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.