Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say mate, missed it?
If something happened it would be a mistake,' said the City boss. 'They should put their focus on another issue because they don't know which guy you are talking about.

'Bernardo is one of the most lovely people I ever met in my life. He speaks four or five languages and that is the best way to understand how open-minded he is.

'One of his best friends is Mendy, he's like a brother for him. I think the response from Mendy was clear after that. They are joking all the time.

'The image is not about the colour of the skin. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and he related it to this cartoon, which was quite similar for the image. Honestly, I don't think what happened about that.

'There are many situations with white people and you look at a cartoon and the face is quite similar as your face and you put it in there - it is quite similar.

'If they want to ask for Bernardo, I think he will be open to talk. But first you have to know exactly which person you are talking about. Bernardo is an exceptional person.

A guy who can speak five languages, it's because he's open-minded - nothing about the colour of the skin, nationalities or whatever.'

I thought , while the tweet is in between mates , it was on a Public forum - I can see why people are upset over it.

But for me the main concern was the Insta Video of Bernardo - with him calling Mendy naked because he is wearing a black shirt.

We may justify it as Banter but can easily see why it offends people and I can't disagree.

Hope there is no Ban for Bernardo though - it will be a lesson for him already

So you’re saying banter between mates should be different if one is black and one is white? Should Bernardo not joke with Mendy because of the colour of his skin? Treating him differently based on the colour of his skin is surely racism no?

It's actually a pretty decent post highlighting the absurdity of the attitude of the vocal minority on here. Although I don't expect it to be popular, for obvious reasons.
1) It’s really not.

2) It assumes anyone that believes the press give City a hard time believes Silva didn’t do anything wrong and that there’s some sort of causal link between the two (there isn’t).

3) There’s no minority about it. You’re the vocal minority.

4) You’re correct it’s not a popular view for the above reasons.

1) It’s really not.

It really is.

2) It assumes anyone that believes the press give City a hard time believes Silva didn’t do anything wrong and that there’s some sort of causal link between the two (there isn’t).

Pretty clear I'm talking about a select bunch of gobshites, not everyone who has an opinion on either matter. Hence the term...

3) There’s no minority about it. You’re the vocal minority.

You are in the minority. Your particular demographic gravitates towards this forum for a few obvious reasons. Outside of the bluemoon, you are most certainly in the minority.

In fact, judging from a couple of PMs, I get the feeling there are quite a few on here who are opposed to the shite being bleated by the regulars but they can't be arsed to wade through the bullshit to get more flung at them by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

You, for example, got yourself tied in a big knot less than 24 hours ago by trying to argue that something widely considered racist wasn't purely because you didn't want it to be. You thought that a quick Google search of a definition of a word you obviously don't understand would back you up and you ended up making a tit out of yourself by only reading half of a single definition from a single source and using that as your evidence. But that's not enough to deter you because you're now back again acting like you're qualified to tell everyone what the score is.

And while we're at it, you were on here yesterday claiming that people who have taken an issue with this tweet must have such lovely trouble free lives. Aren't you a wealthy immigrant living in Dubai or elsewhere in the UAE with 70k+ posts on a football forum? Correct me if I'm wrong and also don't misunderstand me; I'm sure that comes with its own problems and I don't mean it as a personal dig. However, if that is the case then on the surface that's a pretty enviable life but, more importantly, yet another example on this thread of people living in glass houses and throwing stones.

Shit, even if I've remembered you totally wrong, then you're still exhibiting a pretty large lack of empathy for others who don't find the realities of living a difficult life and pointing out inappropriate behaviour as mutually exclusive. That lack of empathy is, again, a pretty major theme in this thread.

Ive heard there may be a 6 game ban so checked to see what John Terry got for calling Anton Ferdinand what he did, 4 games.

Are black people not allowed to look like someone?

s-l300.jpg

There is a professional sports team in the US called Washington Redskins. This is a racist slur for every second of every day that it exists. The outrage about this exists in small pockets of First Nations society (and still then not all of the First Nations society because a lot of them don't give a shit and there are First Nations Washington Redskins fans) as well as with some Liberals.

Bernardo compares a picture of Mendy to a picture of a black cartoon kid - both of which have a shiny forehead in the pictures shown so the comparison could be said to be more than just about the colour of the skin. Just like how Aguero's family called him Kum Kum when he was a kid.
1492958678274.png

Because he had a resemblance to the cartoon character who was a caveman. Kun is not being compared to a caveman, he is not being discriminated against nor are Argentines, indigenous peoples of South America or Japan, Italians or Spaniards or any of the Latin/Hispanic diaspora.

These two things are exactly the same. There's no difference in them. Mendy and Aguero have cartoon characters that looked like them when they were kids. There's absolutely nowt more to be read into this. It's not uneducated and wasn't a stupid thing to do on Bernardo's part as there is fuck all wrong with it, he was having a laugh and Mendy found it funny.

Anyone who finds something wrong in this is simply a fucking soft **** and can go and get fucked![/QUOTE]
So you're fairly neutral on the matter then? ;-)

Good post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.