Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look you're making my post into a personal thing which I actually mentioned in it if you go back and read it. It matters not one jot what any of our personal beliefs are. Society makes rules of what is deemed acceptable or not. Now we may agree or disagree with those rules but like it or not while living in that society we have to adhere to them. We can of course choose not to but we know if we do then there will be consequences of that course of action.

You assume by my nickname here I am one called Paul, two a man. I may be neither and I could take offence to that. I could be a man called Paul but I may identify as another gender, of which I have recently been led to believe there are up to one hundred different types. So again I could take offence to being stereotyped. If I am a man you assume I am in work and earn more than a woman by the fact I am a man, where I could be earning the minimum wage. I could take offence to that stereotyping. You see how ridiculous this can get? I mentioned this in my post how people were stamping their feet and coming up with all sorts of connotations to defend Bernardo's 's tweet. You can't. Nor can Pep, nor can Bernardo. You and they can of course give a million reasons why he isn't racist ( And I don't for a minute think he is ) but his tweet has offended people and for some of those people out there they view it as racist. That's all it takes. You may think it's all bollocks, I might, but the law and the fa don't. For any other posters I am not going around in circles keep rehashing this it's pointless. The law on offensive tweets, or tweets deemed to be offensive is the law. Accept it or try to change the law, otherwise you are bound by it like everyone else, including Bernardo.
,whenever I saw your nickname my mind automatically changed it to Paulo wanchope : )

So many well known people end up in the shit through posting on twitter. I'm not sure what they get out of it tbh, is it some sort of ego driven dick swinging contest about the number of followers they have?

I thought that on watching it. He was extolling the positives of Bernardo, he speaks five languages, one of the loveliest guys I ever met, he loves Mendy like a brother etcetera. Everybody knows that and it isn't the in doubt, just as it isn't that he is not a racist. He has to realise that if he posts such out there for the wider world to see that while Mendy might find it hilarious a lot won't. Add to that there are a whole host of people out there just waiting for anyone, or anything, connected to Manchester City to slip up to pounce and the hierarchy and public relations department really need to get a grip.

They are all very highly paid employees representing a high profile football club and with that comes responsibilities. Almost everyone in employment these days has to sign a social media contract as well as a work one, stating that posts that bring negative attention to the company will be dealt with severely. I did and I'm sure many others have.

All this explaining what a great guy Bernardo is, he loves Mendy, he meant no harm, it was a joke are just digging a bigger hole and making the situation worse. It is almost like someone saying, " Hey I have black mates I can't be racist!"

He should have immediately apologised for any offence not meant but caused by the tweet and adding that although it was banter between two friends who both get the joke, he could see with hindsight how others might not. By delaying such a statement, which he is probably going to have to make in the end, it looks even worse, like he has been forced to say it. Again our public relations department have failed miserably in their work and need replacing, just like our IT department.

Everyone can pontificate as much as they like on this subject but the bottom line is like it or lump it this is how it is these days regarding speech, both spoken and posted online. The wrong thing said or posted can have dire consequences for yourself, your career and your family. Some may like it, some stamp their feet and say " Its a load of bollocks!" But it's the way the cookie crumbles today I'm afraid.
Its utter bollocks though, so you can post a pictute of the Milky Bar kid and KDB but not one of Mendy as a child and a cartoon character...just becsuse hes black?? Fuck off, black, white, brown, yellow pink or fucking blue we are all the same and get treated the same, fucking snowflakes, offended by anything and everybody...

Its utter bollocks though, so you can post a pictute of the Milky Bar kid and KDB but not one of Mendy as a child and a cartoon character...just becsuse hes black?? Fuck off, black, white, brown, yellow pink or fucking blue we are all the same and get treated the same, fucking snowflakes, offended by anything and everybody...

Going around in circles so much I am going fucking dizzy!

Yes, I'm not sure if Guardiola's intervention last night really helped matters tbh.
Pep just said what any sane person would say. The outrage culture and perpetually offended will always look for something to get outraged by. Bernardo can issue an apology, attend a class or something that appeases these clowns. Any game suspension would be ridiculous. He shouldn’t have done it, but it’s not even remotely comparable to real racist acts from other footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.