Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading that I had a random thought - I wonder why it is that nobody ever thinks that American owners will get bored and will walk away?
Well it looks like the Red Socks miss out on the play offs by a country mile. I wonder where the money will be spent next year ?

Before being CEO of Liverpool Peter Moores was CEO of Electronic Arts who are the most despised video games publisher on the planet. No surprise he went working for Liverpool after he left EA
Haven't we just signed a partnership deal with EA? He was also a big shot at microsoft/xbox and considering they regard him as a local his accent isn't exactly as thick as lob scouse.

I think "eyes" was deliberate. He`s waiting to read responses on this forum :-)

Anyway, we`re all eyes and ears.

We also agree that Klopp was on the FIFA podium primarily because his team won the European Cup and due to the voters remembering them beating Barca after losing 3-0 in the first leg.

They don`t recall much about the much below average final though nor the other 4 matches they lost.

Much below average final is an understatement. It was a godawful game to watch, or try to watch, even for a Liverpool fan

2004- x
2005 - Champions League
2006 - FA Cup
2007 - x
2008 - x
2009 - x
2010 - x
2011 - x
2012 - EFL Cup
2013 - x
2014 - x
2015 - x
2016 - x
2017 - x
2018 - x
2019 - Champions League

In this decade’s (2009-10 season to 2018-19 season) league table - Liverpool: 6th
the-premier-leagues-table-of-decade-based-on-average.jpg

Some perch that haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Klopp won the FIFA award because Liverpool won the CL.

That is it.

Apart from winning the CL, minus all the defeats and draws on the way to the winning the CL final.....

What else did Klopp achieve and win last season?

If anyone can explain to me why Klopp won the FIFA award apart from winning the CL, I’m all eyes.

Don't you think that the award has been devalued, by picking the media favourites rather than the best?

SORRY SEEN MISTAKES IN FIRST POST BUT HUMILITY IS GOO, sorry.....Been drinking since midday but...Maybe I am subjective BUT feel very pleased I chose (or was chosen?) to follow MCFC. First game 1967 v Burnley and have never felt such excitement (understandably so as only other mind blowing experience was a Tom and Jerry cartoon at that age)

All I seem to hear now is that Littlewoods/Rags expect better (and deseverdly so, listen to Jim 'Big Shoes' White*) as far as I am concerned is as long as we do our best, both as as a team, club and fans that is enough. We will win enough, and watch some of the best football ever played each season, along with player development - who would have thunk we would be develop players BUT......(last night who would believe we would start at centre half a partnership of 35 years of age)

For those like me, who have seen us struggle, these are wonderful times, nothing lasts for ever just hope the younger generation NEVER become like the scum fans (dippers/rags)
who expect winning is a right.
Haha. Great post mate.

NOW GET TO BED!!!

Just as a matter of interest, if Liverpool had turned 1 of their draws into a win, and pipped City to the title last year, would that mean that City fans would agree with Klopp being Manager of the year? (all other results being equal)

I actually agree that it should have been Pep, but the difference (in terms of titles) is effectively the lack of a single goal in a crucial match.

Obviously this is entirely a hypothetical as this didn't happen, but I'm curious whether it would have changed opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.