Colin Bell

What a player,Colin has always been my favourite City player up until David,nostalgia ,lost youth or whatever but I can't really chose between them in all honesty,its a dead heat for me.Love them both.

What is an even better statement for me is,what absolute gentlemen they both are,on and off the pitch,respected and admired by both fans and rivals.

I remember his comeback match when he came on as a sub. I was only about 8/9 and was wondering why the whole ground was on their feet. Had he not been injured we would have won the league in 77.

Amazing how few away wins there were back then. Liverpool won the league with 5 away wins out of 21. Teams were probably much happier with a draw than they are now with only 2 points for a win.

David Silva, Yaya and De Bruyne all have their own individual skills and strengths but for me Colin Bell remains City's greatest ever. I look forward to the debate in 15 years whether Phil Foden is being discussed in the same breath as these four

The King just had it all. Power, pace, two great feet, tackling, shooting, heading and passing. He was a freak of nature in his resting pulse rate was about 42 which gave him his great stamina.

Simply the greatest player I had the privileged to watch at Maine Road.
He had the lot skill, goals, tackles and an engine in him that kept him going the full 90 mins.

He would walk into any City team past or present such was the player he was.

If Colin could do what he did during his time, with the heavy pitches, heavy balls, heavy boots, heavy shirts, just imagine what he could do in today’s environment.

As much as I love Merlin, Yaya and KdB, Nijinsky remains the best City player.

But I never saw Billy Meredith nor Peter Doherty,

I thought I read some where that both had both put the past behind them and were on talking terms ..
Well after the Agueroooo game they were both in the tunnel together with Buzzer and then on the pitch for the presentation.

Good article that, makes a change for the Mail. Brilliant player, so unlucky to have his career finished like that.

I was just a kid in the late 60s and early 70s, so my favourite players meant so much more to me then. I'm sure the kids today feel the same about Merlin, Sergio, Kev, et al.

But Colin will always be my most revered player, my idol.

He's the finest I've ever seen, and my one and only football hero.
One comment I thought would raise eyebrows when I read the piece late last night online was 'Arguably the finest midfielder England has ever produced'.

If Colin could do what he did during his time, with the heavy pitches, heavy balls, heavy boots, heavy shirts, just imagine what he could do in today’s environment.

As much as I love Merlin, Yaya and KdB, Nijinsky remains the best City player.

But I never saw Billy Meredith nor Peter Doherty,
I never knew Colin had heavy balls. Bluemoon is a mine of information.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.