Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I do around trip of 600 miles and have never left early not even under Stuart Pearce even thou the kids wanted to leave !!!
I dont see the point of missing 10mins of the match to get home 10 mins early in a six hour drive just so I can go to bed 10mins early. If the dartford bridge and M2 hadn't had been closed would have been a 5 hrs drive !!
Dont even leave early for a CL match and that means getting home at 5am I dont see what getting home at 4:50am makes much difference.....

Perhaps it's only the travelling City fans that do 90mins and the locals leave early !!

Graps my tin hat lol

We have.

It’s quite astonishing really that the land has in essence been left to rot, with little on no practical use, bar a car park on matchdays.

Look at the city centre, there are so many temporary and exciting leisure proposals and destinations popping up and flourishing.

We have 10,000’s of fans rushing home or back to the city centre after the match to get a drink and some food, who could have easily been tempted to stay around the Etihad for a couple of hours or the for the whole evening, if they had somewhere warm, dry, covered to go, and where they could buy drink, food, and listen to music.

Hopefully once the North stand will be developed we can enclose this car park, city square, tram station, the bars and ticket office into one large covered Hub of entertainment and food that could accommodate 10/15k people. Almost like the Printworks it would be a large open street like space where fans can watch City square, pick up their tickets, hit the shop and get food and Beer. All under one roof.

They might not want to take away from the aesthetics of the Etihad with its circular shape so it could be standalone with gate connections to the North/east stands. I feel like its all a bit mismatch at the moment. You get off the tram and straight into toilets and a bar, then the shop, city square and then trying to find your way around the stadium.

Imagine coming out of the tram into something into an Arena style space with a bar in one corner, city square on stage, shop to the side, food dotted about....

The matchday experience is very good at city but it could be much more than a 90 min match with 2/3 hours either side of the game of entertainment and experiences.

That's cos you think everyone lives in town.

Try driving homes 135 miles afrer a night game. No way would you wait till the end.

I said before, this exactly my scenario and I have never left early and it is not 135 motorway miles either. Can't understand why people have to dash home to watch the tv or whatever.

Tbh, i couldn't give 2 fucks what other people do but I'll do what i like. And its really boring when people come on here intimidating they are better blues because they always stay till the stewards kick em out.

Give it a fucking rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.