Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 2 homegrown CB's coming through + John Stones, why would we want another?
Don't want to start another debate which no one will agree on, but we've not seen much from Pep with regard to youth to suggest a 17 and 18 year old will prevent him from wanting to get an experienced CB in. We were pretty clearly looking for a CB in the summer and Otamendi will go plus they may be losing patience with Stones. I would be pretty confident we'll be in for a CB this summer and limited squad spaces was prohibitive to our search last summer I believe.

Like I said, he can always leave if he wants to.

This is the way I see it. He'll have plenty of very good clubs lining up for him and we won't stand in his way if a good fee comes in. We've offered him an exit before and he's turned it down.

In any event, we've given him a fantastic spring board and done wonders for his career in my opinion and I can't see him holding any ill will against us. He's gone from struggling to get into PSV's first team to a multiple league winner, playing a key role in a record breaking campaign.

I still think he has a long term future here if he wants it, but like you said in your other comment, it will be as a utility player like Delph was. I do see him getting more opportunities centrally next season when Silva leaves us, if he is to stay, but that's down to him deciding what he wants in his career. He could easily go to a Europa level club and be a starting midfielder if that's what he wants.

Don't want to start another debate which no one will agree on, but we've not seen much from Pep with regard to youth to suggest a 17 and 18 year old will prevent him from wanting to get an experienced CB in. We were pretty clearly looking for a CB in the summer and Otamendi will go plus they may be losing patience with Stones. I would be pretty confident we'll be in for a CB this summer and limited squad spaces was prohibitive to our search last summer I believe.
Yeah, we will be looking to upgrade on Otamendi next summer IMO. Stones exactly is not convincing either + he is injury prone. So we do need to sign 1 quality CB.

As for Zinchenko, think he will be 3rd choice LB soon.

Is he the worst player in the entire squad.? The only use for his right leg is to stand on.He has never used it to kick a ball and his lack of vision when we are going forward brings our attacks to a halt whilst he looks back for someone to pass too generally another defender putting us under pressure

Is he the worst player in the entire squad.? The only use for his right leg is to stand on.He has never used it to kick a ball and his lack of vision when we are going forward brings our attacks to a halt whilst he looks back for someone to pass too generally another defender putting us under pressure
I know this is Zin's thread, but who are you talking about?

Are you related to Mendy or Angelino by any chance?

Do you watch City? This is the Zinchenko thread, I think you must of jumped into and posted in the wrong thread by accident.

I suppose in theory there does have to be a worst player in the squad, even if that player is really good.

Although anyone's who's ever been on this forum should know by now that it is Gundogan and Walker who are not only the two weakest players in the squad, but in the club's 125 year history too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.