#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s quality. Finishing will always be the weakest part of his game, but he’ll still score his fair share because the rest of his game is so good. His dribbling has gone up to Brazilian level now. His hold up play is the best in the squad. His fight for the ball is Bernardo/KDB/Sterling level. He’s also got assists in him, despite probably becoming a little more selfish than when he first joined. But that’s not a bad thing unless he takes it too far, which he hasn’t.

Gabriel Jesus to Esporte Interativo about Agüero's competition :

‌I confess that the time to wait already passed obviously i'm at City i'm gonna complete 4 years next year and offcourse that makes me want to play more, however i respect and i understand the option from the manager i respect my teammate Sergio and i respect his history with the club and what he is still doing, a lot of people say: "wow Gabriel is warming the bench for Sergio" but they forget that i'm in the bench not because of bad form but because how in excepctional form he is, he is the biggest idol of the club and the all time top scorer, i keep giving my best as i always do i work hard on training sessions and when i play i have good performances and i score goals i don't have much more to say i just need to work and when i get an opportunity i will deliver .

Gabriel Jesus to Esporte Interativo about Agüero's competition :

‌I confess that the time to wait already passed obviously i'm at City i'm gonna complete 4 years next year and offcourse that makes me want to play more, however i respect and i understand the option from the manager i respect my teammate Sergio and i respect his history with the club and what he is still doing, a lot of people say: "wow Gabriel is warming the bench for Sergio" but they forget that i'm in the bench not because of bad form but because how in excepctional form he is, he is the biggest idol of the club and the all time top scorer, i keep giving my best as i always do i work hard on training sessions and when i play i have good performances and i score goals i don't have much more to say i just need to work and when i get an opportunity i will deliver .

Interesting. He's very polite and very respectful but naturally he's hinted that at some point he'll want to play. I suspect that Pep might start to actually rely on him next season anyway.

Gabriel Jesus: "I've learnt not how to wait but how to understand this situation. Personally, last season was very hard. I didn't get the chance to play in many games and many important games..." [via @MailSport]

Gabriel Jesus on not playing against Spurs in the Champions League last season: "I was very frustrated about not playing and, of course, City being knocked out. It does hurt when you don't get chances in important games so I was disappointed at the end of last season..."

"I think that's normal and I've never been unprofessional about it. I was very upset but I did understand. I kept my mind in the right place and finished the season playing a [FA Cup] final and scoring twice..."

"During my holidays I could see ahead and project this season differently. I've played six games so far, playing well and scoring goals. That's my focus, I don't want to steal anyone's spot in the first team. Things happen naturally." [via @MailSport]

Had a quick look... Out of curiosity as I always thought aguero got premier League and Jesus got cups including champions League.

Both had 46 appearances last year, assuming Jesus had more sub appearances. I think that's probably fair for a 22 year old, though I he is being really understanding and reasonable in those quotes. I like him and hope he gets the starts that will make him feel valued as I would trust him post aguero to become our first choice.

Love the kid and would be criminal to let him go. Hope hes happy with what he gets this season, whatever that may be. If we're gonna lose Sane we dont wanna lose this lad too

I think we can definitely play Jesus on the wing occasionally - in fact, he seems to play better out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.