Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

I can confirm City have been asking questions of why the media hasn't picked this up and ran with it more?

Bemused, isn't the word.

I've spoken to some people at said outlets, the lame response being if City had told us at the time...

Nothing to do with legal threats, The Times haven't been hit with anything since they published.

Simply the City haters sticking together.

Chills my journalistic soul.
Liverpool's legal team have probably been to busy dealing with other issues

I can confirm City have been asking questions of why the media hasn't picked this up and ran with it more?

Bemused, isn't the word.

I've spoken to some people at said outlets, the lame response being if City had told us at the time...

Nothing to do with legal threats, The Times haven't been hit with anything since they published.

They went to town on us with the FIFA investigation on youth team players. Salivating over transfer bans and whether Pep, Sterling and De Bruyne would go else where. Then when we got a fine for a minor error compared to Chelsea they were canvassing Chelsea for an opinion of how done by they were.

The way City are quietly going about their business quietly outing anyone who dares to fuck with us gives me confidence that Uefa will not bother pushing for a champions league ban.

In that case maybe these media outlets would like to have a quick look at who else Liverpool employed on the scouting side around this time, and from which clubs.

Very much worth asking the question "is this an isolated incident?" My Spidey senses suggest not, could be there are other clubs who lost staff to Liverpool want to also check their systems log in histories. Also wonder if anyone connected with the club made a few bob off the odds on us signing certain players that summer. Hmmm...

Furthermore, coupled with Liverpool's behaviour in tapping up VVD, a man they ultimately got and seemingly were unchallenged for, you'd have case to say there was a culture of doing things a certain way at Anfield to gain an unfair advantage, be it greeting coaches or spying on competitor files. I reiterate, if I did that I'm my industry I'd be looking at jail time.

But still, the lack of media interest on this story stinks of ignorance and, dare I say it, maybe even agenda.

Bemused, isn't the word.

Sad but not surprising.

Can't we brief a few friendly journalists? Or are their hands tied?

Surely Mullock, Blackburn , Lee etc would run with it if we put some meat on the bone.

Last edited:
Were any other city fans actually not arsed by this? The headline sounded mad but when I read it was just someone using an old login once it didn't really get me outraged or owt. Wasnt exactly hacking anyway. Genuinely didn't feel like too big a deal to me. It's clearly not on but I don't know what else there is to say about it... the story is kinda over, no? Agree it'd be a bigger deal if it was the other way around though.

EDIT - didn't realise it was someone using over a hundred times over many months. Considerably worse!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.