Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Were any other city fans actually not arsed by this? The headline sounded mad but when I read it was just someone using an old login once it didn't really get me outraged or owt. Genuinely didn't feel like too big a deal to me.

Think that may be part of the reason it hasn't gained traction, apathy from our side.

God help us had it been the other way around.

Were any other city fans actually not arsed by this? The headline sounded mad but when I read it was just someone using an old login once it didn't really get me outraged or owt. Wasnt exactly hacking anyway. Genuinely didn't feel like too big a deal to me. It's clearly not on but I don't know what else there is to say about it... the story is kinda over, no? Agree it'd be a bigger deal if it was the other way around though.

Over 200 times was reported wasn't it, not once?

Over a 9 month period to boot.

Last edited:
I can confirm City have been asking questions of why the media hasn't picked this up and ran with it more?

Bemused, isn't the word.

I've spoken to some people at said outlets, the lame response being if City had told us at the time...

Nothing to do with legal threats, The Times haven't been hit with anything since they published.

Simply the City haters sticking together.

Chills my journalistic soul.
Frankly, I don't think it's that interesting of a story. For a few months six years ago a former employee used an old password and proceeded to do fuck all with the information, and then we settled it for what is basically a token sum. It's not great, and obviously its morally wrong, but even as a City supporter I don't really care, and apparently the club didn't either, because they didn't do anything about it at the time.

A bit of credit to those journalists who have pursued this story.

The interesting aspect for me is not really the limited press coverage, which I think we all now expect, but the response of football's authorities. What are the Premier League, UEFA and FIFA going to do?

I doubt City could use this directly in the on-going arbitration case but it's context; the competitive nature of football and the role of football's authorities in that competition, is illuminating. Consider the investigations and scrutiny of all Manchester City's business, and then compare it to the nature of the offence reported here.

Liverpool fans must be cringing with embarrassment at how their holier than thou club has been exposed.

Were any other city fans actually not arsed by this? The headline sounded mad but when I read it was just someone using an old login once it didn't really get me outraged or owt. Wasnt exactly hacking anyway. Genuinely didn't feel like too big a deal to me. It's clearly not on but I don't know what else there is to say about it... the story is kinda over, no? Agree it'd be a bigger deal if it was the other way around though.
It wasn't once bud, it was over a period of 8 months between 06/12 & 02/13

Frankly, I don't think it's that interesting of a story. For a few months six years ago a former employee used an old password and proceeded to do fuck all with the information, and then we settled it for what is basically a token sum. It's not great, and obviously its morally wrong, but even as a City supporter I don't really care, and apparently the club didn't either, because they didn't do anything about it at the time.

An old password? Reports have it that City hired an forensic computer expert, hardly did that for the use of an old password?

Over 200 times was reported wasn't it, not once?
And using the login details of a City employee, not their own previous login credentials. So they knew the password of a former colleague and used it to Liverpool's commercial advantage. It sounds quite serious to me!

It was Liverpool employees using a current City employee's login over a hundred times over an eight month period iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.