Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

An old password? Reports have it that City hired an forensic computer expert, hardly did that for the use of an old password?
Right, City hired an expert to figure out what was going on, and it turned out a Liverpool employee was using City's credentials. Do you see other information somewhere?

Frankly, I don't think it's that interesting of a story. For a few months six years ago a former employee used an old password and proceeded to do fuck all with the information, and then we settled it for what is basically a token sum. It's not great, and obviously its morally wrong, but even as a City supporter I don't really care, and apparently the club didn't either, because they didn't do anything about it at the time.
It was an existing password of City employee.

Why would you say they did fuck all with it?

Frankly, I don't think it's that interesting of a story. For a few months six years ago a former employee used an old password and proceeded to do fuck all with the information, and then we settled it for what is basically a token sum. It's not great, and obviously its morally wrong, but even as a City supporter I don't really care, and apparently the club didn't either, because they didn't do anything about it at the time.
First of all it was a few of them and they used the login details of a current employee.
Second you have no fucking clue what they did with the information.
Third, the club seemingly did care as they got IT experts in confirm & trace the unauthorised access to their systems.
Fourth, something obviously was said as those thieving, brick-throwing scumbags from Anfield paid us £1m according to the story.
Finally, £1m is hardly "a token sum". It's 3 times what we got fined by FIFA for breaking transfer rules over playing young players in friendly games.

But apart from that, great post (sarcasm alert).

It does depend what information was taken, or players we missed out on as a result. If it is just scouting data though, nothing stopped us from offering those players better than Liverpool could.

As others have said, if the shoe were on the other foot, there would be claims of "cheats la" abound. Our fanbase atleast weighs up whether it's actually worth getting outraged about and it doesn't seem to me that it did City any damage. It does sound by the way Liverpool quickly tried to settle this out of court, that they were aware of what he was doing/condoned it, which is poor form. That's not surprising though, it's Liverpool.

Right, City hired an expert to figure out what was going on, and it turned out a Liverpool employee was using City's credentials. Do you see other information somewhere?

So it wasn't an old password then? The IT at the club would be able to tell if it was an old password. It was a current password being illegally used, I assume the expert was hired to track where the login was coming from?

Were any other city fans actually not arsed by this? The headline sounded mad but when I read it was just someone using an old login once it didn't really get me outraged or owt. Wasnt exactly hacking anyway. Genuinely didn't feel like too big a deal to me. It's clearly not on but I don't know what else there is to say about it... the story is kinda over, no? Agree it'd be a bigger deal if it was the other way around though.

It wasn't their own log in, it was their coworker who stayed at City but his password was known by the other 2 from when they worked together.

It was an existing password of City employee.

Why would you say they did fuck all with it?
That era wasn't exactly the high point of Liverpool in the transfer market. Like I said, still bad, I'm just not personally as worked up about it some of you guys are. I honestly just think the amount of time that has passed has made it drastically less interesting from a journalistic perspective. But thats just my opinion.

If City accepted a pay off, there is nowt else to say about it...... City will put it in the petty cash tin and move on ....
I'm actually surprised so many are so aghast at the thought of dippers nicking stuff, bears really do shit in the woods .... !

I'm curious what both clubs said the £1m was for on their accounts as both fifa and the Premier league check our accounts for compliance to financial fair play(thoroughly in our case)
They both should know about this payment and what it was for, so surely they should of investigated it....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.