Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

I was unclear then. I do not find it surprising that this news has been ignored or relatively underreported given its import because the media bias is well known. It's quite predictable that it has been ignored.

What interests me more is what football's authorities are going to do. It may not be known by many football fans, but this incident will have raised eyebrows right across football, and I don't see how FIFA can ignore it.
Apologies Marvin. I meant to reply to cjn. It was a(nother) senior moment on my part.

A bit of credit to those journalists who have pursued this story.

The interesting aspect for me is not really the limited press coverage, which I think we all now expect, but the response of football's authorities. What are the Premier League, UEFA and FIFA going to do?

I doubt City could use this directly in the on-going arbitration case but it's context; the competitive nature of football and the role of football's authorities in that competition, is illuminating. Consider the investigations and scrutiny of all Manchester City's business, and then compare it to the nature of the offence reported here.

Liverpool fans must be cringing with embarrassment at how their holier than thou club has been exposed.
get real Marv

It was Liverpool employees using a current City employee's login over a hundred times over an eight month period iirc.

It wasn't their own log in, it was their coworker who stayed at City but his password was known by the other 2 from when they worked together.

Ahhh fair enough. For some reason I thought it was someone who had left and kept using a login or something like that. Never mind.

I was unclear then. I do not find it surprising that this news has been ignored or relatively underreported given its import because the media bias is well known. It's quite predictable that it has been ignored.

What interests me more is what football's authorities are going to do. It may not be known by many football fans, but this incident will have raised eyebrows right across football, and I don't see how FIFA can ignore it.
get real (again) Marv :)

I was very much arsed by it, if only because had the roles been reversed, the media and the FA would have foamed its way to our door like the Lads Alliance heading for the local council offices on getting wind of a planning application for a new mosque. What Liverpool employees did (and which actions were clearly endorsed by their shit box of a club) was theft, just as assuredly as if they’d started working for Lloyds Bank, but still had a spare key for the Nat West Bank they used to be employed by, and used it to sneak back in and empty all the safety deposit boxes. Liverpool coughed up £1 million for a reason.

The (deliberate) lack of interest shown by the media (bar The Times) should be incredible, but there is a cohort of journalists at both the Independent and the Guardian that hate us, whilst editorial decision making at rags like the Mail and the Express seems to be governed entirely by the potential for clicks. I dread to think what the reaction will be when UEFA finally gets around to banning us at the old guard’s behest. It’ll be like someone lobbed an entire cow carcass into a piranha pool

Tbh, I didn't realise the extent of it. Since been pointed out that it was a repeated often thing by someone who knew someone else's password. For some reason I thought it was someone who had left and kept using a login or something like that. Never mind. This is obviously much, much worse.

It does depend what information was taken, or players we missed out on as a result. If it is just scouting data though, nothing stopped us from offering those players better than Liverpool could.

As others have said, if the shoe were on the other foot, there would be claims of "cheats la" abound. Our fanbase atleast weighs up whether it's actually worth getting outraged about and it doesn't seem to me that it did City any damage. It does sound by the way Liverpool quickly tried to settle this out of court, that they were aware of what he was doing/condoned it, which is poor form. That's not surprising though, it's Liverpool.
Surely the info they got doesn't matter,it's the act of hacking in imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.